Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Internet Connection and Extra's - Youtube

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   csyrell

csyrell

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

Just joined the world of Satellite TV. Greatful for sites like this and the terrific members and their helpful comments! I've searched, but can't find a specific answer. Here goes:

I have two DVR's (HR34 and HR24), plus two HD Receivers (H25's). What should I expect to be able to see for Extra's on my H25 Receivers? I'm networked with a DECA, and I have a 16 Channel Switch. Whole Home DVR seems to be working fine. It just doesn't seem to stay connected to my internet, and things like Youtube never show up. They do on the DVR's, but not the Receivers. I've reset the H25 several times, including twice within 30 minutes, but still, no Youtube.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:06 AM

Non-DVRs won't handle Youtube, Pandora, nor VOD. PPV can be ordered via an H25.

You'll also quickly find out there is no buffer with those receivers; hitting Record is an option I use a lot.

Welcome to a DBSTalk and DIRECTV®!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#3 OFFLINE   csyrell

csyrell

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:13 AM

Thanks Laxguy! Installer told me it should work, and when he called he was told the same. But, I also know he didn't have a lot of experience with the HR34.

I do have to wonder though what is the point of them being able to connect to the internet?

#4 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'm not sure there is one! But with everything DECA'd, the possibility is there.

I think you have a great set up! So great, in fact, that last week I signed up for an HR34 to go with my HR24 and H25s..... :)

#5 OFFLINE   csyrell

csyrell

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm not sure there is one! But with everything DECA'd, the possibility is there.

I think you have a great set up! So great, in fact, that last week I signed up for an HR34 to go with my HR24 and H25s..... :)

HR34 is working great. Very smooth. Picture is SOOOO much better than my TW DVR. Not too pleased with download speeds of HD Movies, but I'm leaving Roadrunner and moving over to DSL later this week. Been reading that RR might be throttling down packets when they see DTV, but not sure. Regardless, even though I'm "downgrading" my download speeds from RR (50Mbps) to my DSL line (12Mbps), I think that with DSL, I'll have much more consistent network traffic speeds.

#6 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,483 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

HR34 is working great. Very smooth. Picture is SOOOO much better than my TW DVR. Not too pleased with download speeds of HD Movies, but I'm leaving Roadrunner and moving over to DSL later this week. Been reading that RR might be throttling down packets when they see DTV, but not sure. Regardless, even though I'm "downgrading" my download speeds from RR (50Mbps) to my DSL line (12Mbps), I think that with DSL, I'll have much more consistent network traffic speeds.

You may well. I'd love to hear your results on that in a month or so, as I am in the same boat, but with CCast as my ISP.

Re download speeds- For me, it's almost never an issue, as I have a backlog of stuff to watch, so I set my downloads up and forget about 'em till the next day.

spam firewall