Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Better way to search for and add movies to My Rentals?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vahighland

vahighland

Cool Member/Supporter

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

Perhaps I'm missing something. I've been using the Dish receiver menu interface to add movies to My Rentals. It's very slow and clunky. Is there an online or app interface that can be used to add movies to My Rentals? I was looking at the Dish Network app on the iPad. It's very easy to search and browse movies, but you can only watch the moving on the iPad. I would like to select a moving using the app interface, but have the movie added to My Rentals on the DVR. Then I can watch it on the big screen. :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

I wish there was. I have the 722 and yes, the DVR rental interface feels like something out of the 80s. I have searched online for a listing of the 3000+ movies that are included in blockbuster @ home (like what instantwatcher.com does for Netflix). No such luck.

Gotta have time to spare when trying to find something good to rent via DVR.

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

If I find something online that I want to watch, I search by movie title using the reciever. It's ok if you are only looking at one or two movies to download, otherwise I don't bother.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...