Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Fires Up Its News and Political Programming With Glenn Beck's TheBlaze

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,048 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'd rather watch the Test Pattern Channel.

but the Test Pattern Channel costs too much for Dish to pick it up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

I think that people will get more content and information out of the test pattern channel.... But, the few times I watched this character before he got fired from Fox, he was funny with his chalk board in a 'head shaking way'... :rolleyes:

For the record (again) Glenn Beck left FOX News Channel on his own accord. He was not "fired" He wanted to do his own thing without having network bigwigs telling him what he can and can't say. Love him or hate him more power to him!

#23 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'd like to set a timer for his 5 PM show but it's not yet in the EPG.

#24 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Best part about this announcement is that it is not coming to D*, or at least not yet.

Glenn was wonderful on the radio. I really enjoyed listening to him. On TV? Blecchhhh!! :)

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#25 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,606 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

Could a few of you chaps read post #2, please.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#26 OFFLINE   HCN3

HCN3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

The bigger story here is not the politics of Glenn Beck but the process that brought this channel to the larger audience in my opinion. Creating an online only network with the production value that eventually grabs the attention of the big broadcast providers is not a small feat. I have watched Current, DemocracyNow, et al. The production value of the programming on the Blaze just seems to outshine the "cable access" feel of those networks. It is the discussion of the content of that production that will close this thread which is another debate for another day. :-)

#27 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

by the way if you want the channel and dont have AT250 you can add it alacarte for $5

#28 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

This almost would make me switch to Dish.... Come on D* hint hint!!

Good on Dish!

This might explain the fleet of Dish of installers in the neighborhood this morning..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#29 OFFLINE   Chihuahua

Chihuahua

Legend

• Registered
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

What is wrong with more channel choices?

What are you afraid of?

No one is required to watch all of the channel.

You're absolutely right. Whatever network one chooses to watch is his own business.

#30 OFFLINE   john262

john262

AllStar

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

Bet that Beck is paying dish to air this crap!

No, the press release says that Dish is paying a small subscriber fee for the rights to air the network.

#31 OFFLINE   john262

john262

AllStar

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Congratulations to Glenn for getting his network on Dish. As someone who watches everything from Current and MSNBC to Fox News Channel, having one more choice is great. I say the more opinions on either side of the political spectrum the better.

#32 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

like i said on the other thread about this i'd rather pay $5.00 a month for dish not to carry this channel! (if i was with dish which i'm not)

#33 OFFLINE   Tribbs

Tribbs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:41 PM

Congratulations to Glenn for getting his network on Dish. As someone who watches everything from Current and MSNBC to Fox News Channel, having one more choice is great. I say the more opinions on either side of the political spectrum the better.

Current TV is Al Gore's :lol: propaganda channel - Just sayin'.

#34 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,119 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

like i said on the other thread about this i'd rather pay $5.00 a month for dish not to carry this channel! (if i was with dish which i'm not)

and I would pay DirecTV $10 a month to carry it..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#35 OFFLINE   etirvan

etirvan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

Bet that Beck is paying dish to air this crap!

Don't know if you realize this or not, but Beck is actually more popular than most other radio hosts. Millions were regularly watching his show when he was on Fox News. He regularly dominated the time slot before he decided to quit to start his internet business. Many want to watch his show online, but simply don't have the money to afford it. This is an excellent workaround.

Question, why would Dish NOT pay to air Beck's network? Beck has a humongous following. Many people likely signed off of Dish Network, pay tv in general, because of Beck leaving Fox News. This is Dish Network getting those customers back into the pay tv fold. Excellent business decision on Dish's part.

You do realize that Beck has millions more followers than the likes of those such as Olberman, Mathews, and even those on network television, don't you? Some people actually like to listen to the truth every now and then, lol. What Dish is gaining here are the millions of people who follow Beck and don't want to spend money on an internet or radio show.

Now, that is as political as I go. And I will not be posting again on this matter for fear it may become even more political. But this is an excellent business decision on the parts of Beck and Dish. Beck grows his audience. At the same time, Dish grows its customer base. How is that ever a bad idea? Besides that, TheBlaze TV will be much, much more successful than the likes of Current TV or OWN, lol. It has proven to be already.

#36 OFFLINE   Gloria_Chavez

Gloria_Chavez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

So, "Face in the Crowd" gets 24/7 national TV carriage.

Not even Andy Griffith got that.

I would not want to be around Bill O'Reilly today.
Since 1995 the average cable bill has increased 122%, while TV consumption per household just 13%.

http://www.multichan...1_Per_Month.php

http://blog.nielsen....-all-time-high/

#37 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Beck has a humongous following.

So did Jim Jones and Shoko Asahara.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#38 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 39,334 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

BTW: The channel lit just before 3pm (per the Uplink Activity).

#39 OFFLINE   etirvan

etirvan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

So did Jim Jones and Shoko Asahara.

I'm sorry, who and who, lol?

Seriously, though, I do know who you speak of, and their followings were not even large at all. Their followings were even lower than Olberman's, and that's saying a lot trust me, lol.

Beck has a following of millions. Jim Jones and Shoko Asahara couldn't even reach 1,000. Just saying. Also, Jones and Asahara are NOTHING like Beck. Beck actually cares about other people. Beck actually cares that humanity succeeds. Beck doesn't really wish death on anyone like Jones and Asahara did.

Ok. Signing off for good now because I will leave it at that. There's no point in going further.

Note: I apologize if the joke at the start offends anyone who hates making light of the dead. My intention isn't to do so. It's just to point out how Beck is a far cry away from them.

Good bye, and I'm off.

#40 OFFLINE   waxdonuts

waxdonuts

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

I am willing to wage that The Blaze will outpace Oprah's Network in a very short time.

spam firewall