Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DISH Fires Up Its News and Political Programming With Glenn Beck's TheBlaze

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

BTW: The channel lit just before 3pm (per the Uplink Activity).

I can see 212 but there is no guide data past 4:30 PM. I tried to set a DVR timer for 5:00 but couldn't. I ended up setting a timer for the last lasted program @4:30 and then added an hour to the ending.

As someone who has Glenn's first day on Headline News as well as his first day on FNC archived on an external hard drive, I wanted to be sure to get his first day on Dish.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#42 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

You should at least have present and next program listed on 212 ... the rest will appear when the EPG updates (typically overnight).

#43 OFFLINE   ehren

ehren

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Channel should be renamed "Spreading hate and fear channel"

#44 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

You should at least have present and next program listed on 212 ... the rest will appear when the EPG updates (typically overnight).

I was home briefly around 4:00 PM. I saw the end of Glenn's radio show and the beginning of Liberty Tree House. There was a second Liberty Tree House that started at 4:30 and that was the end of the guide data. I unplugged the DVR to try and force a refresh of the guide but no luck. That's why I set the timer with the extension. We'll see what I get :)

#45 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

BTW: I wonder if we'll ever get The Blase in HD? After all it's in HD on the web.

#46 OFFLINE   jsk

jsk

Icon

• Registered
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

I liked Glenn Beck when he was on B104 in Baltimore.

I don't think I will be watching much of this network though.
Dish Player DVR 722K with OTA module connected to the Eastern Arc

#47 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

This is a new low for dish!!

#48 OFFLINE   rtd2

rtd2

Legend

• Registered
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

This is a new low for dish!!

Channel should be renamed "Spreading hate and fear channel"

Uh NO ONE is forcing you too watch ch 212 just like Im not forced to watch MSNBC or Current Tv---thank God! ....and bravo dish to Dish for providing GBTV/The Blaze... And A quick Peek at Direct tv's Facebook page seems to indicate any loses from GBTV will be made up with ex Dtv customers wanting it too...and I would also Refer you to post# 2 as Mr. Long ask this thread not turned political

#49 OFFLINE   TimCoh

TimCoh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:03 PM

Not in HD ROKU has it in HD.

If you do not like The Blaze do not watch it. End of story.

#50 OFFLINE   Tribbs

Tribbs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

If you do not like The Blaze do not watch it. End of story.

The issue is not that they do not want The Blaze.
The issue is they don't want YOU to see and hear a different point of view.

OK, I'm done with the politics in here.

CONGRATS to DISH and Mr. Beck!

#51 OFFLINE   satlover25

satlover25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

Moderator Note: While "The Blaze" is a political channel DBSTalk is not a political discussion forum. Please keep this in mind during the discussion that follows.

How can one discuss a political channel and it not be a political discussion? :rolleyes:...look for creative ways to do the "skirt" dance!?
HR34
HR21
H25
2 Genie Mini Clients
16+ yrs w/Dish Network...finally had to let them go!

#52 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 40,301 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

How can one discuss a political channel and it not be a political discussion? :rolleyes:...look for creative ways to do the "skirt" dance!?

Simply stay away from named politicians, political groups, inflammatory language and name calling. Most have been mature enough to be able to express an opinion one way or the other without crossing any lines. Keep it clean.

#53 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

and I would pay DirecTV $10 a month to carry it..

+1

Except I already do pay that for the online sub :lol:
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#54 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:48 PM

I am willing to wage that The Blaze will outpace Oprah's Network in a very short time.

lol. Not a big task.

posted before about my take on this guy, but hey, I agree, don't watch it if you don't like it.

What would have been cool, if dish would have offered something else [ another movie channel?] along with this political one. I think a balance would have been fair.

How many [decent] channels have we gained back since losing amc? [ and the other 3, and yeah, I'd rather watch IFC or Sundance than blaze.

Adding 212 to my package doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy.
Don't care if he was cheap.

It's like adding another espn or info-mercial channel. No joy here.

This is JMO, and I stand by it, for all the fans of blaze.........

#55 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not in HD ROKU has it in HD.

Not in HD, but it looks pretty darn good for SD. Of course, up until a few months ago, I had D*, so almost all SD looks good to me now. :)
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#56 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

I wonder what the deal is, GB seems pumped about his Dish Launch but is preaching to the subs to keep the money flowing....I guess the Dish deal was not so much. The SD is pretty good, could HD be far away? GB says he's going to change the way we watch the news. :lol:
I just wish AMC and Voom were still around, oh yea and multi network time zone feeds in HD, and maybe "Sunday Ticket".... :icon_stup
Thank you and
Best of luck

#57 OFFLINE   Drex5000

Drex5000

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

Well, I think that the market is starving for something like Beck. I'll be interested to see how it does ratings wise. What I mean, without veering into any ideology, is that there is a strong market for what Beck offers. You don't get it on any of the major networks, and you really don't get it on Fox News. Hannity is probably the closest thing, but other than that a lot of Fox is down the middle, and I know people will disagree.

If Beck does well, I think people need to see that first, what an accomplishment to come from Internet TV to a major carrier. But secondly, it's not that Beck would have brought his Beck-brainwashed followers to Dish, but that he is serving a severely underserved market. Watch it blow up. How do I know? I see so much resistance to it. If it didn't have the resistance it would be ho-hum blase...for better or worse, this is the new divided America we live in, blame who you will. Partisanship will be part of TV viewing from here on.

#58 OFFLINE   Jaspear

Jaspear

Godfather

• Registered
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

I wonder what the deal is, GB seems pumped about his Dish Launch but is preaching to the subs to keep the money flowing....I guess the Dish deal was not so much. The SD is pretty good, could HD be far away? GB says he's going to change the way we watch the news.

I think he wants to keep the internet base of support intact. They simply don't to lose the revenue. I suspect you won't see any Blaze TV content on the Dish on Demand service. If you want it on demand, it'll be 10 bucks a month.

The Dish launch is just the beginning. In fact, according to Christopher Balfe, the CEO of TheBlaze, Satellite and cable operators approached them about carrying the network, not the other way around. If they are successful in getting distribution on other Cable and satellite operators, the revenue and viewers will be significant.
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."

Jean Chrétien, Prime Minister of Canada, 1993 - 2003.

#59 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Well, I think that the market is starving for something like Beck.

We already have Boomerang.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#60 OFFLINE   FarmerBob

FarmerBob

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

That's what they said about Fox News, which has turned into a juggernaut.

Jug·ger·naut

Posted Image /ˈdʒʌgərˌnɔt, -ˌnɒt/ [juhg-er-nawt, -not] noun

1. (often lowercase) any large, overpowering, destructive force or object, as war, a giant battleship, or a powerful football team.

2. (often
lowercase) anything requiring blind devotion or cruel sacrifice.

3. Also called
Jagannath. an idol of Krishna, at Puri in Orissa, India, annually drawn on an enormous cart under whose wheels devotees are said to have thrown themselves to be crushed.

4. A misguided and often inaccurate source of faux news.

:lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...