Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

DISH Fires Up Its News and Political Programming With Glenn Beck's TheBlaze

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   356B

• Registered
  • 908 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

You could make the same argument about all of the news channels as well as the sports channels, using that logic.

I believe someone posted before, though, that there are HD shows available with the streaming package... so I would think they would like to also get that up on Dish eventually.

Unless the news is hot and the anchors are too it's background noise in my house....HD is non essential for news or commentary, serious news that is.:lol:

Edited by 356B, 23 September 2012 - 05:07 PM.

Thank you and
Best of luck

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#127 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:11 AM

While Glen's radio program is part of TheBlaze lineup, his formerly web only evening video show is aired on TheBlaze and there are non Beck hosted programs as well where the camera and people in front of it move.

Almost every program on The Blase has multiple camera angles and moving cameras (sometimes moving a bit too much IMO). I guess they saw the "radio with pictures" argument, perhaps from watching Don Imus's televised radio program, and wanted to spice things up. Even shows that are not on the radio (such as "Real News") get the cinema vérité treatment.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...