Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Titanic 3D

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:46 AM

Sat down last night and watched Titanic in 3D. It's really amazing what James Cameron (the director) did with the conversion from 2D to 3D. Apparently they spent 18 million and took a year to complete the conversion. James Cameron was actively involved with every shot. The results are fantastic! No 3D gimmicks. Just a much more immersive experience that improves on the original 2D. James Cameron said that he used his 3D experience with Avatar for Titanic 3D and it shows. Highly recommended if you have a 3D display. The Blu-Ray was just released. Comes with the 2D version as well which also looks fantastic! http://www.amazon.co...ords=titanic 3d

I'm pretty much blown away. Best 2D to 3D conversion I've seen thus far.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,638 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have a coupon for it from Best Buy, if I ever get over to the store. I plan on buying the 3d/Digital/Blu combo. Looking forward to it.

Mr. Cameron still has a lot to make up for, considering the lackluster release of Titanic on DVD in 1999. I had it on VHS and pre-ordered it on DVD before the features were listed. It turns out there were no features at all, and the presentation isn't even anamorphic widescreen. Let's hope this presentation makes me forget all about that.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,163 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

I have a coupon for it from Best Buy, if I ever get over to the store. I plan on buying the 3d/Digital/Blu combo. Looking forward to it.

Mr. Cameron still has a lot to make up for, considering the lackluster release of Titanic on DVD in 1999. I had it on VHS and pre-ordered it on DVD before the features were listed. It turns out there were no features at all, and the presentation isn't even anamorphic widescreen. Let's hope this presentation makes me forget all about that.

You will. I remember that 1st DVD release. It was horrible. They scanned the movie in 4K for this Blu-Ray release. It's looks stunning!

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,523 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Mrs HDTVFan is picking it up today. In Blu Ray...it's a must-have.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#5 OFFLINE   John Strk

John Strk

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:48 AM

I picked up the 2D Blu-Ray release Monday and I agree it looks amazing! I didn't get around to seeing the 3D IMAX release a few months ago in theaters. I regret that now. But this is a fantastic release. Great bonus disc too with tons of extra features. Almost an hour of HD deleted scenes I've never seen before.
DirecTV Customer Since 2007

spam firewall