Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

When is DirecTV adding The Blaze channel?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:35 PM

How much will we have to pay to keep DirecTV from adding that channel?:D

Because the adult thing to do when you don't like a person's point of view is to silence him.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:36 PM

To the original poster, I think Beck does Dish commercials, so I think the deal is pretty exclusive.
Take care

Beck said that there was an exclusive period, but made it sound like it was a rather short period.

#43 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

To the poster that talked about a la carte like BabyFirst - babyfirst hasn't been a la carte for about 1 yr. I know 'cause my bill was reduced by that amount last year :)

Concerning this particular channel, provided that's not added in HD over another more popular HD channel, say, DIY, HLN or Pac-12, I'm fine if added in sd. Not my cup of tea, but that's because my cup of tea for news is bbc world-style channel, not the so-called America's "news" channels like MSNBC or Fox News.

And another smart play by Dish, adding as a 5 bucks a la carte or for free in the top 250 package.

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

#44 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Beck may not be my exact cup of tea, but it doesn't bother me if someone wants his channel on DirecTV. Nor does it bother me if someone wants Al Gore's network on, and we wouldn't even be able to type these posts without his Internet invention, after all :P

If you're a lefty, and a lot of people here apparently are, it would do well to be more tolerant of conservatives; plus you wouldn't come off like such a hypocrite. I mean you'd seriously drop DirecTV if the "hateful" Beck gets on some tiered channel somewhere? You might check yourself for some of that "hate."

Free expression and ideas, even from people you don't agree with IS A GOOD THING, not to mention there are very few mainstream outlets for conservatives right now. So Beck gets a channel, get over it. I hope Beck comes to DirecTV--I'd check it out. To the original poster, I think Beck does Dish commercials, so I think the deal is pretty exclusive.
Take care

Few outlets for conservatives? Why do you need outlets? What about truth and straight up fair commentary.

Besides, have you paid any attention to radio at all?

Conservative views are fine. Glenn beck is the National Enquirer. As I said, even Fox was embarrassed by him.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#45 OFFLINE   HCN3

HCN3

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

I think the terms of the Fox departure was more amicable than anyone on this list is willing to admit. Bottom line, the great thing about free speech is that more speech is better than less speech when debating complex topics. I will go back to my first post in the thread. To me, it is the path he took to get a "new channel" on any distributor that is really the big story in my opinion.

He built that! *oooops* Couldn't resist.

#46 OFFLINE   inf0z

inf0z

Legend

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

What about truth and straight up fair commentary.

No such channel exists yet. Do you know if there are any plans on obtaining such a channel?

#47 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

Lots of psychotic people have enjoyed great popularity at times. Manson, Hitler, etc.

Freedom of speech! Love him or hate him, let the market decide. Anyone that shoots down an opposing point of view, is narrow minded. I welcome his program and will decide on my own.

#48 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

Few outlets for conservatives? Why do you need outlets? What about truth and straight up fair commentary.

Besides, have you paid any attention to radio at all?

Conservative views are fine. Glenn beck is the National Enquirer. As I said, even Fox was embarrassed by him.

I guess that's why him and Bill O'Reilly went on tour together and made tons of money. Beck probably left, because there was no space for him, during FOX News' prime time lineup. Why do you think that FOX News has been the number 1 Cable News Network out there?

#49 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

No such channel exists yet. Do you know if there are any plans on obtaining such a channel?

Most of them are that way. But I see you bought into the Fox myth.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#50 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I guess that's why him and Bill O'Reilly went on tour together and made tons of money. Beck probably left, because there was no space for him, during FOX News' prime time lineup. Why do you think that FOX News has been the number 1 Cable News Network out there?

Because thinking people watch many channels. Ditto heads watch one.

And sure. Fox and Beck are friends. That is why they dumped a guy who sells tons of books to single minded people.

#51 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,264 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

Freedom of speech! Love him or hate him, let the market decide. Anyone that shoots down an opposing point of view, is narrow minded. I welcome his program and will decide on my own.

Yes. By all means. Listen to his fabrications and use them as fact. How about learning facts rather than have a man feed them to you.

I am not shooting down an opposing view. I am talking about a nut job.

#52 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

When I saw Blaze Channel, I thought, what is that. Maybe a channel about fire fighters. Guess not, but since I don't watch a lot of political programming, no big deal for me.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#53 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:51 PM

... Why do you think that FOX News has been the number 1 Cable News Network out there?

Because for some reason Conservatives feel the need to reaffirm their views. What's ironic is CNN.com is far more popular for online news websites. You'd think the popularity would carry over.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#54 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm really hoping that BLAZETV reaches a carriage agreement with Directv. I'll finally be able to stop tethering my laptop to the TV!

Criticism about a host you've never watched/listened to..? Super duper smart. For Cereal.
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

#55 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:58 PM

This thread is in danger of crossing a line. Instead of closing it there will be thread bans issued. We don't discuss political views because it causes emotions to run high and things get out of hand quickly.

DO NOT discuss the political aspects of this channel or any commentator. If you feel you can't control yourself than don't read it. What came before is what it is. From this point on everyone is on notice; stay away from the politics or be removed from this thread.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#56 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

This thread is done. Stick a fork in it.

spam firewall