Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Actress, Claire Malis Callaway has died at the age of 69

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,221 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

From TV Week:

An actress who appeared on the 1980s comedy "The Facts of Life" has died, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Claire Malis Callaway, who appeared as a mom on the series, was 69.

Callaway, who was often credited as Claire Malis, also starred on the ABC soap opera "One Life to Live," on which she played Dr. Dorian Lord from 1977 to 1979. On 'Facts of Life," she played Rose Polniaczek, the mom of Nancy McKeon's character, Jo, in a recurring role.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,320 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:57 AM

Very talented, very beautiful, gone too soon. R.I.P.

Posted Image
Claire Malis Callaway

From the Chicago Tribune:

(Ms. Callaway) appeared in a number of feature films, most notably John Cassavetes' "Husbands" (1970). She performed Off Broadway in "The Man With the Flower in His Mouth," "Ocean Walk," "My Life" and "The Miss Firecracker Contest," in the national tour of Broadway show "All the Girls Came Out to Play," on the Rialto in "No Sex Please, We're British" and for a season at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, performing in William Ball's acclaimed production of "Taming of the Shrew."

Callaway also had a significant number of TV credits, including recurring roles as Dorian Lord on soap opera "One Life to Live" and as Rose Polniaczek on "The Facts of Life." She guested on series including "Lou Grant," "Taxi," "St. Elsewhere," "Murphy Brown," "L.A. Law," "Picket Fences" and "Will and Grace." She also appeared in several telepics, including most recently "Mystery Woman: Vision of a Murder" in 2005.

Edited by Nick, 13 September 2012 - 08:02 AM.

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#3 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,794 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

R.I.P. Claire

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,475 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Are you sure that picture isn't of Jackie Zeman of General Hospital? It looks just like her.

Update: it is Jackie. I can't get it copied on my tablet, but that picture comes up on Rotten Tomatoes and is listed as Jackie Zeman.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

Protected By... spam firewall...And...