Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Revolution

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#226 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,388 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Today, 05:38 AM
In reference to your, not you're post #58 "Good for you!" :rolleyes:

A bit peckish so early on a Sunday morning, are we? ;)

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#227 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,079 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

A bit peckish so early on a Sunday morning, are we? ;)

What goes around comes around Nicky ;)

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#228 OFFLINE   chiodo

chiodo

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

This show will turn out like V on ABC, It will come back from hiatus and the ratings will drop dramatically and it will be cancelled. NBC is full of idiots with their Hiatus BS, they did this with Battlestar Galactica and Caprica on SyFy, BSG just barely survived athe only reason was because the episodes were already shot and SyFy had nothing to replace it with. Don't get me wrong I loved BSG.

Since Revolutions is on Network TV I don't think it will fair so well. I dvr the episodes and watch them if I feel like it, I'm pretty drained out watching TV on Monday after a full Sunday night of The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland.

#229 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 513 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

This show will turn out like V on ABC, It will come back from hiatus and the ratings will drop dramatically and it will be cancelled.

Not just V, but other shows has had this happen. You would think that someone would figure that out. I greatly fear you are correct--Revolution is doomed. :(
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#230 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

I have the last 2 shows from the fall on the dvr and have not watched them yet. I kind of feel like most of the above comments, which is the long hiatus will doom this show.
Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700
All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#231 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,280 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Well, hopefully since NBC did already pick up the next half of the season, they can maybe work out an ending for the show as it seems like it will probably not make it to season 2.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#232 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

When you have only 22-24 shows per 52-week year, obviously there are going to be breaks.

They could spread the show out from September to May, or show it in two big chunks.

I have no problem with the latter, particularly for a serial drama, which requires in-sequence viewing without repeats to fill many gaps.

#233 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:04 AM

This show is more likely to go the way of Lost - 15(ish) episodes a year all blown out back-to-back.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#234 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

I thought Lost had the smaller seasons only because of the writers' strike.

#235 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

The first 3 seasons had 23-25 episodes. Season 4 on only had 16.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#236 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 518 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Season 4 was split into two shorter seasons because of the strike.

A five-season arc was turned into six seasons because of the one split season. They ended up with 121 episodes, which is essentially five 24-episode seasons (the original plan).

#237 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

When the end date was set, which was months before the strike, three seasons of 16 uninterrupted episodes were announced.

#238 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Season 4 was split into two shorter seasons because of the strike.

A five-season arc was turned into six seasons because of the one split season. They ended up with 121 episodes, which is essentially five 24-episode seasons (the original plan).

No, it was announced as 6 seasons before the strike. Season 4 wasn't split at all.

Season 1 - 25 episodes
Season 2 - 24 episodes
Season 3 - 23 episodes
Announcement of 3 final seasons being 16 episodes each.
Season 4 - 16 episodes (even with strike)
Season 5 - 16 episodes
Season 6 - 16 episodes
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#239 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

No, it was announced as 6 seasons before the strike. Season 4 wasn't split at all.

Season 1 - 25 episodes
Season 2 - 24 episodes
Season 3 - 23 episodes
Announcement of 3 final seasons being 16 episodes each.
Season 4 - 16 episodes (even with strike)
Season 5 - 16 episodes
Season 6 - 16 episodes

Season 4 had 13 episodes which became 14 by lengthening the finale, which was a direct result of the strike. There was a four week break during the season.

#240 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Season 4 had 13 episodes which became 14 by lengthening the finale, which was a direct result of the strike. There was a four week break during the season.

Yup, you're right. Season 4 had 14.

That break was excrutiating!
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#241 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,388 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

^ Oh, the humanity! :sure:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#242 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 603 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Did everybody forget a new episode was on Monday? :) I thought it was pretty decent. Seems like the second half will be better than the first.

#243 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Did everybody forget a new episode was on Monday? :) I thought it was pretty decent. Seems like the second half will be better than the first.

First show of the second half basically negated the entire first half. I am seriously debating removing this one from my "to watch" list.

#244 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

Got it on my DVR, haven't watched yet. But I did notice that it did come back to half-way decent ratings, I think in about the same range as it had before so that's at least an encouraging sign.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#245 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

First show of the second half basically negated the entire first half. I am seriously debating removing this one from my "to watch" list.

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like because i thought the exact opposite?

#246 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,260 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:46 AM

I *really* want to like this show. But they keep doing "bonehead" things with writing inconsistencies that infuriate me at the same time.

Who trained those helicopter pilots? If they're old pilots, how long did they spend "getting the feel" back?

Who maintained those choppers for 15 years and how?

Earlier, they complained of having to use muskets. If they were so limited in the modernity of arms, why did they have such high-power and high-caliber guns available for the choppers?

You *do* know those rockets probably wouldn't work after 15 years of unmaintained disuse, yes? (At least the 'rebel' had an explanation for why HIS might work)

Never mind the Hollywood-trope of not really knowing what "firing from behind cover" looks like.

...and if the Mom knew about the blackout IN ADVANCE - she had to given what she removed from the dead body and the fact that it was implanted over a year before said blackout - why has she waited this long before doing anything?

And about her recent activities...

Did she care how many people would die to save her son by giving "the amplifier" away?

How did they have all the parts she needed?

Does anyone remember intricate technical details of stuff after 15 years of not doing anything about it? ...sufficient enough that you could, say, solder up some printed circuit boards, wire up power transformers (with parts that should have been covered in 15 years of rust) and test it all out?

...and all of that is before the predictable Hollywood writing (save the victim only to kill him off later).

#247 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like because i thought the exact opposite?

I did not like investing a whole season suspending belief on the sole premise that these characters needed to save the boy only to have the boy killed first episode of the second season. Now there is no motivation for this group to carry on. None of them ever wanted to join the revolution. None of them should have any faith in their mother that left them or their uncle that never got in touch with them.

On top of that you have the helicopters, the SAMs, the rockets, and lord knows what else that everyone is suddenly proficient with. Not to continue on too much more but you also have STEALTH horse and wagons that can ride right into a dual Helicopter fire fight and deliver weapons to save the day.

I hope that gives you some insight into my disappointment. Like DJLong, I want to like this show. They are just making it so dang hard to do it.

#248 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

DJ, You should probably cut your losses and move on. This show is about theatrics, not accuracy. If the latter is that important I don't think this show is ever going to be satisfying to you.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#249 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

I did not like investing a whole season suspending belief on the sole premise that these characters needed to save the boy only to have the boy killed first episode of the second season. Now there is no motivation for this group to carry on. None of them ever wanted to join the revolution. None of them should have any faith in their mother that left them or their uncle that never got in touch with them.

On top of that you have the helicopters, the SAMs, the rockets, and lord knows what else that everyone is suddenly proficient with. Not to continue on too much more but you also have STEALTH horse and wagons that can ride right into a dual Helicopter fire fight and deliver weapons to save the day.

I hope that gives you some insight into my disappointment. Like DJLong, I want to like this show. They are just making it so dang hard to do it.

Very good points. I guess i never thought about those things. Now that you mention them it does bring the show down quite a bit for me. Maybe this one won't last for me.

#250 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,616 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

I think I like most scifi, including those of the world's-gone-back-to-the-stone-age group. I was ready to dump this one early on. But my wife, who generally wouldn't seek out a scifi series, liked this one. We haven't seen the first one of the new season.

I think my problem is I haven't really liked the work of the show's creator/writer Eric Kripke. I just could never get into "Supernatural" which has been a winner for him and The CW.

But I find it hard to suspend disbelief to the level needed in "Revolution" because of all the huge "oh, come on, really" moments.

But we'll probably watch it until somebody turns the lights on.;)

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

Protected By... spam firewall...And...