Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Revolution

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

This show reminds me of those 30ish serials, but without the cliffhanging between shows.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#182 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:00 PM

I assume they came up with Noblesville, Indiana, based solely on Googling for a town in Indiana with a train museum.

Nice catch!

I live one town over from Noblesville, and I admired that attention to detail in the writing.

#183 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Posted Image

SOURCE

Edited by Drucifer, 24 October 2012 - 10:53 PM.

DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once

#184 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

For those that had their schedule Revolution Monday episode preempted by Hurricane Sandy in someway, NBC will do a rebroadcast of that episode this Friday at 8:00 PM EST.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once

#185 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

So I watched the first ep something like the day after it aired just to make sure I wanted to continue recording it. Since then they've just been building up on my DVR. Well the past couple nights I've watched four episodes and I've decided that I'm really liking this show. Definitely reminds me of some of the things I liked about Lost.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#186 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

I just hope there's an explanation for why there is lightning and why every living thing on the planet didn't immediately die from no electricity in their nervous systems.

#187 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,975 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

I just hope there's an explanation for why there is lightning and why every living thing on the planet didn't immediately die from no electricity in their nervous systems.

Oh, that's easy :eek2: : Natural electricity is "allowed"; man made, no.

How did many hundreds of millions (looking just at the US) die? War? Pestilence? Famine? Boredom with no TV?

Are the leftovers bereft of any manufacturing skills? Farming? You'd think there'd be plenty to eat with the (tens?) of thousands left and all that great productive land.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#188 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,218 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

Farming? You'd think there'd be plenty to eat with the (tens?) of thousands left and all that great productive land.

As far as I can tell they're having no trouble with farming, whenever they're traveling you see crops growing (especially corn) and it always seems there's farmer's markets in the towns.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#189 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• Registered
  • 12,975 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

As far as I can tell they're having no trouble with farming, whenever they're traveling you see crops growing (especially corn) and it always seems there's farmer's markets in the towns.

Stands of corn! Yes, lots. In straight rows and plots the size we're used to with machines that can plant or harvest acres in an hour.... Though maybe they can adapt a 12 row combine to pure mechanical operation pulled by a large team of horses or oxen.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#190 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

^Don't forget about the very large, and ever growing, Amish population. My dads farm is completely surrounded by dozens of Amish farms that continue to plant large fields of crops without any reliance on fossil fuels or electricity. Granted some Amish communities have gravitated towards technology but there are hundreds of communities that still rely on the old methods.

In a world without electricity the Amish would quickly dominate the "new" economy as they are already equipped to do so.

#191 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,088 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:57 AM

I've got all episodes saved and just watched the 1st; I'm hooked. I'll probably watch them all today.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#192 OFFLINE   austen0316

austen0316

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts
  • LocationRobbinsville, NJ

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I cant believe nbc philly changed the guide only a few hrs before revolution was supposed to air tonight. I was hoping to see the episode on tv and not from there website.

#193 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

I ended up doing VoD
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once

#194 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,088 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

I watched the 6 episodes the other day... WOW... My new favorite show.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#195 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,230 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

According to a promo aired today we will find out tomorrow how/why the power went out. It will be interesting to see how the story develops if power is restored
My Setup

#196 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

I cant believe nbc philly changed the guide only a few hrs before revolution was supposed to air tonight. I was hoping to see the episode on tv and not from there website.

Think that happened to me as well. I noticed that it didn't record. When I checked the History, it says that it was canceled as it expected something else, Dateline NBC. I just downloaded it via VOD so I can watch it tonight.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#197 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,223 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Ok, I caught up with episodes all the way to last Monday's - including the previews for tomorrow's show.

Every time the show got worse, it got better after that. Now it's worse and worse for the last two weeks.

An episode taken over by by endless unrealistic hallucination scenes?
Running out of air in a subway tunnel minutes after a collapse?
A subway tunnel (with rails) with acute angle turns?
An engineer looking at a device and instantly telling it was a bomb - without so much as pointing to anything that might have been explosives?

And, worst of all, in the previews...

WORKING HELICOPTERS? AFTER FIFTEEN YEARS OF NO MAINTENANCE?????

...and they still haven't explained why everything isn't dead since EVERY form of multicellular life depends on organic electrical signals.

#198 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Well after tonight, according to an article at CNN, we do not have to worry much until next March since this show is going on hiatus until then.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#199 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 557 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well after tonight, according to an article at CNN, we do not have to worry much until next March since this show is going on hiatus until then.

I heard it called Fall Finale on a commercial break during Nightly News tonight. Something tells me its done. But I've been wrong before.

#200 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I heard it called Fall Finale on a commercial break during Nightly News tonight. Something tells me its done. But I've been wrong before.

It's not done, they got a full season order a while back. At the rate it's going they'll get the green light for season 2 soon too.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...