Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Revolution

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#281 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

A little peek at the rest of the season.

Edit to add: Nothing too spoilery.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#282 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:10 PM

They're saying next Monday so far. We just need to be careful that it doesn't look like a repeat. Might need to manually setup.

REMINDER.

You may need to manually record tonight!

DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#283 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 567 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Mondays show was goooood IMHO. I'm liking the direction they're going. If they start incorporating the other republics I'll keep watching 

#284 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

Monday introduced a bit of a plot-hole, though...  Spoilered for those that didn't watch:

Spoiler

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#285 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

I have a pretty easy explanation for THAT one.

Spoiler

#286 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:46 PM

True... but the point I was getting at was that there shouldn't be a choice of all or nothing... they already know how to have their cake and eat it to... so if it is possible to disable one and not the other, they should be able to do that, right?

#287 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

True... but the point I was getting at was that there shouldn't be a choice of all or nothing... they already know how to have their cake and eat it to... so if it is possible to disable one and not the other, they should be able to do that, right?

The general gist of the conversation would suggest the exact opposite.  Then were implying--all but said outright--that there is NO selective off switch.  If you turn off the power controlling nanites, you turn them ALL off, including the medical functioning ones.

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#288 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:15 AM

It's probably possible - after all, people were being kept alive by the technology while the world had electricity.  But I'm guessing that, under current circumstances, such differentiation is impossible or at the very least unavailable.

#289 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

Guys, spoilers please.  Not everyone is caught up on episodes.  If you want to talk about events from a specific episode please open a thread for that episode.  Thanks.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#290 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,866 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Sorry about that...  that's why I spoilered my first post and tried to be vague in my other reply.

#291 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well Revolution got picked up for another year.

http://www.thefutonc.../20130426nbc03/

• tsmacro likes this
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#292 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:57 PM

Yup, already posted.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ive-key-dramas/

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#293 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 567 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:42 AM

Renewal sounds good to me. 

#294 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

So I'm still enjoying this however there is one little thing that seems a little out of sorts for me at the moment. It's that it seems they can just walk anywhere they want to go in about a day. I mean Philadelphia to Georgia that quick? Monroe takes a helicopter to their hometown, (anyone catch where that was?), and then Miles walks there in a day? The two walking to "the Tower". Also seemed to get to the Plains nation awfully quick. Sure it all could be taking longer and they're just not showing us those days in between when not much happens but at the very least they should have something that kind of indicates the passage of time and lets us know ok this is a week later or something. Especially when you juxtapose it against the first half a season where they were showing us what happened every day and it took something like 8 or so episodes to get from Chicago to Philadelphia.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#295 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Ok so we made it through season one and season two is already assured. Not sure how I feel about how they left it, I guess I'll have a better idea when I see the first ep of season two. Also moving from a 10pm slot to a 8pm slot next season does that indicate they plan on being less gritty and more family friendly in season two? Or do the networks even care anymore what they program when based on when more younger eyes may be on the tube? I supposed these days it's mostly irrelevant anyway.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#296 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,833 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

Unless there is a way to destroy all those missiles in flight it is going to be a lot different next season.

I have to agree with you about them showing more and more of whatever they want at whatever time they want to.

On that note, the evening news is usually as much or more than most of the programs.

Every time it comes on they are talking about a killing, rap, robbery, terrible wrecks and fires, etc.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#297 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

This show parallels Lost in some ways.  That show was successful in rebooting the entire show at the end of the season.  That seems to be what is going on here as well.  Guess Kim Raver is a goner, unless i missed the part where she moved far away ...

DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#298 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,232 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

I would just like an explanation of how all this stuff miraculously WOKE UP after 15 years of being dormant.

If you let a car sit for 15 years, will it start?  No - the gas breaks down - so even if you get a jump start, it won't fire.

Jet engines are a LOT more touchy.

And missiles?  An ounce of rust will have those things blowing up on the pad even if you HAD the fuel.

And the view of the earth with lights coming on?  Who started the generators?  At best, only wind, hydro and solar would work and it was nighttime.

I mean, I like the drama, the character development, the premise and many other aspects but "Jeremiah" handled things much more realistically with no lack of drama.

#299 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I would just like an explanation of how all this stuff miraculously WOKE UP after 15 years of being dormant.

If you let a car sit for 15 years, will it start?  No - the gas breaks down - so even if you get a jump start, it won't fire.

And missiles?  An ounce of rust will have those things blowing up on the pad even if you HAD the fuel.

And the view of the earth with lights coming on?  Who started the generators?  At best, only wind, hydro and solar would work and it was nighttime.

I mean, I like the drama, the character development, the premise and many other aspects but "Jeremiah" handled things much more realistically with no lack of drama.

This is network TV, not thinking man's sci-fi.  Network TV is dumbed down for the masses.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#300 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,246 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:30 PM

I must admit, lights just turning back on as if by magic gave me pause as well, I'm willing to suspend belief for the sake of the story but even for me that was really pushing it! All I could imagine is that the creators of the show just wanted that shot of the lights coming back on across the darkened globe so badly they were willing to overlook all the "picky details" that would actually make it possible.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...