Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Revolution

• Please log in to reply
307 replies to this topic

#141 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,110 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

I'd rank this new series as "To New To Rate" (TNTR) at this point.

Some of the characters are really tough to relate to, but there's enough happening to keep one's interest. Perhaps another 2-3 episodes will help determine if we keep the series link on the HD DVR here or bail.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#142 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

Revolution stayed strong with a 3.2 rating on 10/1, helping NBC to the top on Monday. The third episode was down slightly from a 3.5 last week.

However, Revolution was 166% ahead of last year's show in the same time slot (Playboy Club).

#143 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,406 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

I'm continuing to enjoy it with each passing episode. No, not great TV, but good enough to keep a timer going.

Lloyd
Receiver : Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#144 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm continuing to enjoy it with each passing episode. No, not great TV, but good enough to keep a timer going.

I'm starting to agree. Its doing just enough to keep me from ignoring it.

#145 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Haven't watched this weeks yet, the ending of last week was kind of a surprise. Think they watch Hawaii 5-0?

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#146 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,216 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Revolution has been picked up for the whole year.

http://www.thefutonc.../20121002nbc06/
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#147 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:21 PM

Revolution stayed strong with a 3.2 rating on 10/1, helping NBC to the top on Monday. The third episode was down slightly from a 3.5 last week.

However, Revolution was 166% ahead of last year's show in the same time slot (Playboy Club).

Yeah, but that is setting the bar awfully low.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#148 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,260 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

Revolution has been picked up for the whole year.

http://www.thefutonc.../20121002nbc06/

Well I guess I'll start watching again rather than just let them build up on the DVR.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#149 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Guess its time to change my week to week to a series request.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#150 OFFLINE   altidude

altidude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

It's not improving.

I thought episode three was best so far

#151 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

Did you notice that in the clip of the lights going off, it only shows north and soutn America, never Europe, Asia, Africa, or Australia. Are the lights off there too?

In the scene where the computer powers up, the shelf above the computer has a bunch of lead-acid car batteries wired together with jumper cables. I assume we are meant to deduce that the pendant locally cancels whatever is suppressing the power and allows the batteries to power her computer. This would suggest that if we could turn off the suppression, everything would power up again.
Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#152 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

The electric has been gone for how long?

Lead acid discharges even when not used. Lead Acid batteries have a finite life even when unused. The only ones that could sit for long periods of time were the ones where you bought the battery and the acid came separate and you had to add it to the battery.

I believe those are long gone however.

No way those batteries would be working after even 6 months unless they could also be kept charged.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#153 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,289 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Lead acid discharges even when not used. Lead Acid batteries have a finite life even when unused. The only ones that could sit for long periods of time were the ones where you bought the battery and the acid came separate and you had to add it to the battery.

No way those batteries would be working after even 6 months unless they could also be kept charged.

That is just one of teh inconsistencies you need to ignore. They also showed the music player and iPhone coming back to life for a few minutes when the button was pressed. Same thing is true for those batteries, so I just take it as whatever is suppressing the functioning of electricity is suppressing the discharge of batteries.

I am enjoying the show and do want to see how the story develops. They are releasing enough elements of the backstory to keep it interesting.
My Setup

#154 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

I hit rewind when the iPhone came on to make sure it didn't show as being connected to a network. :lol: Anyone else?

#155 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

I guess I was thinking that whatever is preventing current from flowing in electrical devices, aside from biological systems, is locking electrons in their positions, so the batteries will not self-discharge because self-discharging is in fact a minute current flow.

I wonder if lightening and electric eels still work?
Luke

#156 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,496 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I hit rewind when the iPhone came on to make sure it didn't show as being connected to a network. :lol: Anyone else?

Ha...yeah, I didn't need to rewind, but I did specifically take note that it said "Searching..." instead of listing a carrier.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#157 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I guess I was thinking that whatever is preventing current from flowing in electrical devices, aside from biological systems, is locking electrons in their positions, so the batteries will not self-discharge because self-discharging is in fact a minute current flow.

It would also have to stop the chemical reaction that slowly destroys the lead plates.

TB
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#158 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Ha...yeah, I didn't need to rewind, but I did specifically take note that it said "Searching..." instead of listing a carrier.

Oh goody it wasn't just me. :D

#159 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

It would also have to stop the chemical reaction that slowly destroys the lead plates.

TB

Hey! If you're going to allow magic (no electric current through wires no matter how it's generated) then nothing is beyond believability, right?
Luke

#160 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,361 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

Heh. Although, there could be WiFi everywhere; just no one on earth would know it, as there is nothing to access it, except the momentary life in the strange house. .....

[This WiFi that I've invented goes through cement and steel walls, and is a min. of 3 Gigs/second, available everywhere in the world except below 20 miles into the earth's mantle.]
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...