Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Duds from NBC already!!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

Shocked to see some of the opinions of NBC in this thread as it is a major part of my TV watching experience.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:05 AM

Shocked to see some of the opinions of NBC in this thread as it is a major part of my TV watching experience.

Not sure why anyone is surprised. It's an annual ritual...

Fall comes and networks throw out a bunch of new programs like spaghetti on a wall to see what "sticks". NBC seems to be reaching for some of the same kinds of marginal topic programming found on other networks.

Some stink and some "make it" further to survive.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   dhaze

dhaze

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Make it 3 and counting. I could only stand 14 minuets of "Revolution". Too much over acting, corny scene music and exactly what caused the power to go off? IMOP networks trying to cash in on the whole "Walking Dead" thing. Which is a great show btw & can hardly wait for the new season to start on Oct. 14!!!!
HR34-700, HR24-200, H24-100, H23-600; 50" Vizio Plasma 720p, 40" Samsung LCD 1080p, 37" LG LCD 1080p, 32" Vizio LCD 1080p; Choice Ultimate + HD Extra Pack & WHDVR, Slimline-3, DECA, CCK

#24 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,279 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

While I wouldn't call Revolution great, it is very watcheable depending on how it develops. I'll give it a few episodes to jell.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#25 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

and exactly what caused the power to go off?

Isn't that part of the mystery of the show? I don't think that is something you are supposed to know in the first episode.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#26 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,901 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Isn't that part of the mystery of the show? I don't think that is something you are supposed to know in the first episode.

- Merg

To me, it's more of a MacGuffin than anything. Will have to see how it plays out.

#27 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,198 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

Well, whatever their "answer" is for 'why', you have to take into consideration that SOMETHING changed the *laws of physics*. That eliminates a lot of possibilities and asks so many more questions...

#28 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I thought Guys w/ Kids was decent for a pilot ep, haven't seen Ep 2 yet, but I know having Meadow Jamie-Lynn Sigler to watch makes it easier to give some time to develop...
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#29 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

You know what's wrong with New Normal? Ellen Barkin as a gramma!!!! :(

Oh, Penny Priddy, you too got old.
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#30 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

The endless self-conscious gay gags get old fast. Very shallow, one-dimensional. And Ellen Barkin is excruciating. This is yet one more new network show which hard-sells multi-racial relationships, gayness, political references, and extreme obnoxious behavior at us and expects us to laugh uproariously at the pure bold radicalness of it all--"See, we're just as edgy as CABLE!" To which I say...:new_sleep

#31 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,245 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

The endless self-conscious gay gags get old fast. Very shallow, one-dimensional. And Ellen Barkin is excruciating. This is yet one more new network show which hard-sells multi-racial relationships, gayness, political references, and extreme obnoxious behavior at us and expects us to laugh uproariously at the pure bold radicalness of it all--"See, we're just as edgy as CABLE!" To which I say...:new_sleep

Cynicky but on target. :cool:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#32 ONLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,119 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Watched both Guys with Kids and New Normal - blechh! Neither funny, neither worth a timer.

And unlike most shows, I killed the series links while watching the first episodes.

I heard ads for them on local radio stations & said to myself more junk.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#33 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,186 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Make it 3 and counting. I could only stand 14 minuets of "Revolution". Too much over acting, corny scene music and exactly what caused the power to go off? IMOP networks trying to cash in on the whole "Walking Dead" thing. Which is a great show btw & can hardly wait for the new season to start on Oct. 14!!!!

IF Rev. is trying to cash in on zombie stuff, which I don't see, that's show biz.

Anyone looking for some amusement in zombie stuff should find "Shaun of the Dead" a hoot. It was filmed in 2004, and is set in London. Simon Pegg stars.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...