Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

THR22 and NBC on Demand ch 1004

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   FTompkins73

FTompkins73

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

Weirdest thing

1- Can access ch 1004 or 1007 on my R22 but not on my THR22

2- Can access all other on demand channels on the THR22

3- Channel 1004 and 1007 do not even show up in the channel list in settings/channels to be checked,unchecked,or marked as fav on the THR22

4- On the THR22 ch 1004 shows on the home screen top picks in the upper left corner but has shows listed that are on "premere" channels

5- When I log into directv.com and browse shows on NBC it tells me they are not available in my package, yet I have local NBC ch21

THR22 has been hooked up a few weeks now.

I am very puzzled and have spent hours researching and trying various ideas to try and fix.

I have spent hours on the phone with Directv and everyone is stumped

I have tried the red reset button.

I tried the receiver refresh from the Directv site.

I tried a clear and delete everything about a week ago and still no luck.

Tried Tivo support but they said they don't support that box.

Any other ideas?

Receiver Model: THR22
Receiver Software Version: 18a
Date/Time/Duration of problem: always
Channel(s) where problem is occurring: 1004 1007
Do you have a Single Wire Multiswitch?: No

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 714 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Flat out, channels 1004 and 1007 are not available on the THR22 due to copyright issues.

IMHO, I think it had something to do with the fact that FF could not be disabled for those two channels.

#3 OFFLINE   FTompkins73

FTompkins73

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:20 AM

Wow, ...that is the most clear answer I have found. Last talk with Dtv they said that it was a known issue and that "the engineers" were working on it. My issue with all of that is that if it is a known issue, why do they not make it known to the customer before purchase? Does it affect everyone with the THR22 or just people in certain areas? I mean when I look at the units specs on their website they state that it has VOD capabilities, and they do have footnotes explaining what features it does not support like WHDVR etc. I guess I feel misled.

#4 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 714 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Wow, ...that is the most clear answer I have found. Last talk with Dtv they said that it was a known issue and that "the engineers" were working on it. My issue with all of that is that if it is a known issue, why do they not make it known to the customer before purchase? Does it affect everyone with the THR22 or just people in certain areas? I mean when I look at the units specs on their website they state that it has VOD capabilities, and they do have footnotes explaining what features it does not support like WHDVR etc. I guess I feel misled.

It affects anyone with a THR22 countrywide, and its only those two channels, but the unit still has many other DOD capabilities. Until recently, the DirecTV website also indicated KidZone was a feature, but that got scrapped before the NR even though it was a feature shown on the website.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...