Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper wont remember channel 11 on fav list??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

My hopper will not remember channel 11 in my fav list on the guide. Anyone else have a problem like this?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

My hopper will not remember channel 11 in my fav list on the guide. Anyone else have a problem like this?

I did, but after several attempts over a few days, I managed to get it to remember. Be patient, this is still "bleeding edge" technology:)
The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect the opinions of Dish Network.

#3 OFFLINE   mdavej

mdavej

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

This bug has been there since the very beginning. The workaround is to add at least 2 channels in an edit session and it should stick for a little while at least.

#4 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I deleted one and that seems to help. Seems like 71 channels is limit? I'm not worried, I know its new and the awesome it is far outweighs the bugs. Totally satisfied.

#5 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,459 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

As far as I'm aware there isn't a max-channel limit that anyone has reached.

But there have been reported peculiarities with adding/removing channels resulting in channels not "sticking" in the edits made. Not sure anyone has stumbled onto a reliable pattern yet.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#6 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

This bug has been there since the very beginning. The workaround is to add at least 2 channels in an edit session and it should stick for a little while at least.

I've had this problem on 1 Hopper and use the add 2 to get the dropped channel to stick. I have 152 channels in my main favs list.

There may be some good news. I haven't lost a channel since the S222 update. Maybe they fixed this.

2H/1J

#7 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Yes I have 222 and no issue now.

#8 OFFLINE   oldengineer

oldengineer

Godfather

• Registered
  • 455 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

I've had this problem on 1 Hopper and use the add 2 to get the dropped channel to stick. I have 152 channels in my main favs list.

There may be some good news. I haven't lost a channel since the S222 update. Maybe they fixed this.

I spoke too soon. Yesterday I eliminated 2 local channels I don't watch and reduced the list from 152 to 150. This morning it autodeleted channel 10 so I added the 3 back. Some number or combination of local channels seem to be stable. I use the other 3 user lists for music, movies and channels I record. They don't have any local channels and all are stable.

2H/1J

spam firewall