Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

got an HR34 but want to return for HR24..no refund on HR34 that i've had for 1 month?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:36 AM

If it works part of the time it's meant to work all of the time. It's broken.

I have never had the buffer work on my HR34, but then, I've only had the DVR for a couple of weeks. I would take it you have, RunnerFL. Is this the case?

Has there ever been a statement from someone who would actually know as to whether or not the HR34 should have an active buffer when turned off?
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Combat Medic

Combat Medic

Legend

• Registered
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

I'll be happy to get on a conference call with DirecTV and trade receivers with you.

#23 OFFLINE   Joe166

Joe166

AllStar

• Registered
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

I'll be happy to get on a conference call with DirecTV and trade receivers with you.

But are you willing to pay him the $250 he paid for his receiver?

That seems to be the rub.

#24 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 633 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

To the OP... I agree with the others, leave it on until it's fixed.

Is there a way to set the remote so that the OFF button in the upper right controls only the TV and not the receiver? Something tells me the OP is not likely to move the slide switch to TV and press the PWR button.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#25 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

If it works part of the time it's meant to work all of the time. It's broken.

Maybe it buffers sometimes because specific things don't happen and it doesn't buffer others because specific things do happen. Maybe this is by design and so therefor it's not considered broken. So if it never buffered at all when you turned it off or it went into standby would you consider it not broken then?
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#26 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have never had the buffer work on my HR34, but then, I've only had the DVR for a couple of weeks. I would take it you have, RunnerFL. Is this the case?

Has there ever been a statement from someone who would actually know as to whether or not the HR34 should have an active buffer when turned off?

Mine has had a buffer out of standby numerous times, including this morning.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#27 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

Is there a way to set the remote so that the OFF button in the upper right controls only the TV and not the receiver? Something tells me the OP is not likely to move the slide switch to TV and press the PWR button.

No, there's no way to do that.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#28 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:38 PM

Maybe it buffers sometimes because specific things don't happen and it doesn't buffer others because specific things do happen.

And that's what we call a bug...

Maybe this is by design and so therefor it's not considered broken. So if it never buffered at all when you turned it off or it went into standby would you consider it not broken then?

If it never buffered at all I could accept that, but it does buffer in standby at times.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...