Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New channel Cinemoi to debut on Monday

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Nah ... its MPEG 2;

If it were MPEG 4 SD the TPN map entry would be "shaded" and the video PID would be a "10xx" type number like the HD channels.

Cinemoi is neither of these and its VPID is "0078" which means MPEG 2 SD.

Plus I'm sure a number of the PR releases would have mentioned that HD receiving equipment was necessary for reception.

Ok. Was just pointing out that you can't only go by where its coming from, that's all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,054 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:44 PM

Ok. Was just pointing out that you can't only go by where its coming from, that's all.

True;

Although currently, there are no SD or HD MPEG-4 channels listed in the TPN map coming from Ku 101, 95, or 110.

Ku 119 has two MPEG-4 HD CONUS channels, Spanish MEGA HD and TFTw HD.

#83 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

The funimation channel is available on the ROKU box.

#84 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

anyone else just seeing "movie" in the guide listings with no titles? Series seem to be listed correctly, but all the movies have no details for the next several days.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#85 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,054 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

anyone else just seeing "movie" in the guide listings with no titles? Series seem to be listed correctly, but all the movies have no details for the next several days.

Yep;

Noticing the same here;

Meh ...

#86 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

True;

Although currently, there are no SD or HD MPEG-4 channels listed in the TPN map coming from Ku 101, 95, or 110.

Ku 119 has two MPEG-4 HD CONUS channels, Spanish MEGA HD and TFTw HD.

Yep. Personally I think that will change someday, which is why I thought we should check. ;)

#87 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

This channel is as good as TCM, don't really think it is "niche".

I don't think it's as good as TCM, I watch TCM a lot but haven't found a movie to watch on this channel yet. I did tune in to see Bardot in the nude and she did not disappoint but so far that's about it. I'm sure they will have some that I would like to see though.

#88 OFFLINE   myselfalso

myselfalso

Godfather

• Registered
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

So if Directv is going to add a channel as irrelevant and niche as this why couldn't they add the Funimation network or a million other sd only channels that aren't available on Directv.

Because they haven't reached a carriage agreement?
I have been a DirecTV subscriber since 2005.

A few channels I'd still like to see DirecTV add are:
CSPAN3, the PAC-12 Network(s), BBC World and more international news channels.

#89 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

So if Directv is going to add a channel as irrelevant and niche as this why couldn't they add the Funimation network or a million other sd only channels that aren't available on Directv.

This might be a cheap addition. Money is usually the driving factor. Funimation is a niche as well. And probably irrelevant as well, as it doesn't cause people to switch providers over it.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#90 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,547 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:06 AM

That would be the same Funimation that Fios dropped for lack of viewership earlier this year?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#91 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

That would be the same Funimation that Fios dropped for lack of viewership earlier this year?

From what I can see, Funimation Channel is only available on AT&T U-Verse, and some smaller podunk IPTV/Cable systems. None of the big ones carry it as a channel, although some carry it as an "On Demand" service.

Just by being carried on DirecTV Cinemoi already has about 3 times as much coverage as Funimation - not counting On Demand services.

My wife found the channel on day 1.... didn't need to be told about it. I know this, because 2 movies from the channel appeared on the DVR the next day. :D
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...