Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Soccer Plus Free Preview (No HD?)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jwt0001

jwt0001

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

DirecTV is offering a free preview of FSP beginning today. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to include the part time HD channel. Turned on AFL this morning and could only watch it in SD, even though it showed in the HD guide.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

You'd think they would include the HD channel, but once people saw how few events are actually on the HD channel they would probably decide not to buy it. I ordered it just for the month so I could watch the AFL Finals.

#3 OFFLINE   damondlt

damondlt

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

621-1 is the game only channel. I'm watching it in HD right now.

Former Directv Subscriber May 5th-2012 - November 7th 2014 

Blue Ridge Communticatons

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Livingroom Samsung 6030,55 inch

Tivo T6 (Roamio Plus) Master Bedroom,Samsung 5300 40 inch

Tivo Mini Bedroom 2

Tivo Mini Bedroom 3

Cisco HD ,Bedroom office 4

Basic Plus anolog Bedrrom 5 and 6

#4 OFFLINE   jwt0001

jwt0001

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Thanks. They must have gone ahead and turned it on. It wasn't for an earlier simulcast today.

#5 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

I would be a perm subscriber if it was in HD 24/7 but I haven't subbed to the channel since it was Setanta. $15 is too expensive for a SD only channel. Internet streams are better quality than Directv's SD quality.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#6 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

they show such little rugby on there that I haven't had it for years. Did love the old Setanta.

#7 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

they show such little rugby on there that I haven't had it for years. Did love the old Setanta.

You might want to take a look at their schedule. Some of us think they are now showing way too much rugby.

#8 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 785 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Last Sunday the entire day was Rugby. The only reason I would sub to the channel is for Rugby and the AFL, but no full-time HD means I won't spend $15 a month on it.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#9 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

I enjoy Aussie Rules and rugby, but I refuse to pay $15 for a single channel toward that end. If it was part of the regular sports package, I'd watch quite a bit.

I even used to subscribe back in the Setanta days. I simply cannot justify the cost any longer.
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#10 OFFLINE   fsquid

fsquid

Godfather

• Registered
  • 339 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I haven't looked at their schedule in a year. Maybe it is because they lost the Serie A and MLS. Thanks, I'll take a look.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...