Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure if this has been asked (CSS)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dcm210

Dcm210

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

I was watching highlights of the FIA-UGA on ESPN and I noticed it was on CSS.

Why hasn't Directv picked up CSS?
DTV customer since 2002
recievers-HD-DVR,three SD receivers
sports packages-NFL ST,MLB EI,ESPN Gameplan,and NHL CI,
premuims-HBO,Cinemax,sports pack and Showtime
TV-Sharp Aquas 37 inch 1080p

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

Maybe because it is owned by Comcast and is only available on cable?

#3 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

DirecTV could carry CSS, but I don' t see it happening since CSS doesn't show much in the way of pro sports. It does have a few Spring Training Braves games.

#4 OFFLINE   skylab

skylab

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:51 AM

Many CSS games are picked up by an RSN and are available on the sports pack. Other CSS games are available through local broadcasters -- e.g., the Dayton v. Georgia Tech game in 2009 on CSS was picked up by WBDT.

#5 OFFLINE   mhking

mhking

Icon

• Registered
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I was watching highlights of the FIA-UGA on ESPN and I noticed it was on CSS.

Why hasn't Directv picked up CSS?

One word: Comcrap
Wish list of channels for D*: C-Span 3; BBC World News; Sky News International; CBC Newsworld; France24; EuroNews; Eurosportnews; Setanta Sports News; ABC News 24 (Australia); Australia Network (soon to be ABC Asia Pacific); Al Jazeera English; Russia Today; NHK World; DW-TV -- Heck, how about an entire English-language international tier so I don't have to keep switching to my Roku?

#6 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:00 AM

DirecTV could carry CSS, but I don' t see it happening since CSS doesn't show much in the way of pro sports. It does have a few Spring Training Braves games.

well as part of csn houston you may get a some forum of the CSS Houston feed.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#7 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Yes, we don't have enough sports channels on DirecTV. Only 65. We need at least 75 sports channels!

#8 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

The way I understand it is that CSS is cooperative venture between Comcast and Charter Communications. They refuse to allow their product to be broadcast on Directv or Dish. The problem with that is that they are a minor broadcast partner with the SEC showing a variety of events including a limited amount of football, basketball, and baseball.

Maybe one day we will be able to see it, and please, someone correct me if I am misinformed.

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#9 OFFLINE   AMike

AMike

Godfather

• Registered
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

I had Comcast from for a year before coming back to D* in June. Here in metro Atlanta on Comcast, CSS was broadcast in HD during certain sporting events (Football, Basketball), but it was primarily in SD. The bulk of the programming during the week was replays of college football from the prior weekend, talk shows about college football, live minor league and college baseball, and basketball.

The quality reminded me of old cable access programming. It is pale in comparison to the other Comcast SportsNets.

DirecTV subscriber 1999-2011, 2012 - present
Comcast subscriber 2011-2012, 2013 - present

#10 OFFLINE   sweep49

sweep49

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSW GA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:20 PM

Channel 642 is Comcast Sportsnet, which listed the GA/FIA game in the guide last night. When I tried to tune it last night, I received the "blacked out in your area" message. I just tuned it now and of course it comes in with some useless "jock talk" being broadcast. So the channel is part of the sports pack, but when you want to actually watch some sports on it the program is blacked out. Of course it was available on the ESPN pay for SD games plan.

HR22-100 + AM21
HR22-100

HR44-500 + AM21
H21 + AM21

Self installed:
Slimline 5
SWM-16
MRV

#11 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

CSS is satellite delivered. It had to be made available to DBS providers. I doubt either one want it.

#12 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Channel 642 is Comcast Sportsnet, which listed the GA/FIA game in the guide last night. When I tried to tune it last night, I received the "blacked out in your area" message. I just tuned it now and of course it comes in with some useless "jock talk" being broadcast. So the channel is part of the sports pack, but when you want to actually watch some sports on it the program is blacked out. Of course it was available on the ESPN pay for SD games plan.

To bad that ESPN did not let Directv get game plan HD or some kind of remapping deal.

They wanted it in 2010.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#13 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,311 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Here is they say on their "About" page of their web site:

CSS is a 24-hour sports channel carrying a full slate of college sports programming and can only be found on cable.

#14 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:31 AM

Here is they say on their "About" page of their web site:

I know it says that, but it is not a Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia situation.

Our local Teleco offers CSS over their IPTV platform too.

http://www.twlakes.net/tv/lineup.php

Edited by dstout, 17 September 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#15 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

Here in metro Atlanta on Comcast, CSS was broadcast in HD during certain sporting events (Football, Basketball), but it was primarily in SD.

Many Comcast & Charter markets in the Southeast are now testing out the full time CSS HD feed, which is scheduled to officially launch on October 14th, 2012.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#16 OFFLINE   espnjason

espnjason

Armchair Referee

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Many Comcast & Charter markets in the Southeast are now testing out the full time CSS HD feed, which is scheduled to officially launch on October 14th, 2012.

I've reviewed the schedules on the CSS website, they do quite a bit on the weekends but I'd say its worth carrying at the right price if at least the games are shown in HD and if there are a sufficient amount of basketball and baseball games.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...