Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WHDVR connection issues

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Ok, I changed the client number, and am waiting for the family to clear the family room then will change ip on DVR.

I found the paper clip button and reset, still can't get into the WCCK to see what the settings are???? Not seeing it on the router to get the ip???

I switched all the IPs, in the 30s, can't see the WCCK, and still see one of the H21s on the router with a different ip than I set up????? Watching to see if the disconnect message comes back, fingers crossed, if I don't see it while watching the game I will not mess with it, thanks all! :grin:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#82 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

What lights are solid green on the CCK-W? You may not be connected to your router anymore and need to run the wireless setup on a receiver again.

All green and the receivers say connected to the internet...

#83 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Did you run any network setup after you reset because it shouldn't be connected to your network if you did a full factory reset. Need to hold the reset button down on the CCK-W until the lights flash back on again.

I think you can't access it because there is an ip conflict with some other device that never released its old ip before you set up the hardcoded ip range. It won't be visible on your DHCP lease table after you give it a static ip because its not using DHCP anymore but you should be able to access it with the new ip. You may want to try a different ip for it next time you get back into it.

Edited by litex2x, 20 September 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#84 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

What lights are solid green on the CCK-W? You may not be connected to your router anymore and need to run the wireless setup on a receiver again or initiate a WPS connection.

There really isn't any "may" to this. The paperclip reset has returned the WCCK back to factory settings, so the WiFi setup "must be" redone.
A.K.A VOS

#85 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

There really isn't any "may" to this. The paperclip reset has returned the WCCK back to factory settings, so the WiFi setup "must be" redone.

I just pressed the paperclip button, how long do I need to hold it? The lights went off and the power light was blinking...

#86 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,990 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

I just pressed the paperclip button, how long do I need to hold it? The lights went off and the power light was blinking...

That sounds like it was long enough.

Once the lights come back, you'll need to use a receiver to setup a wireless connection to your router, or use the WPS option.
A.K.A VOS

#87 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:06 PM

I believe I am all connected, just waiting to see if it all worked!!!

#88 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:39 AM

I believe I am all connected, just waiting to see if it all worked!!!

I watched all night with no pop up message! We'll see what happens this weekend! Maybe all this lead to a solution, let's hope so! :hurah:

#89 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:00 AM

I watched all night with no pop up message! We'll see what happens this weekend! Maybe all this lead to a solution, let's hope so! :hurah:

Wait so what did you end up doing exactly? Did you reset everything or give it all static ip addresses?

#90 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

Irish,

You're confusing yourself. :)

On the router, you want to find out the range of IP addresses that the router is using for DHCP. The router will either just list the starting IP address and then have a setting that states the number of DHCP clients that can be used or it will have a starting and ending range for the DHCP range. Look on your router for that range.

Your gateway IP address should be 192.168.0.1. The DHCP range might very well start at 192.168.0.2. Once you know what the range is, go to your receivers and go to the option for Advanced Network Setup. On that screen you can manually enter in an IP address for each receiver. Select an IP address that is not in the DHCP range that you found on your router.

Basically, you will most likely only use your router to look up the DHCP range, but you shouldn't have to make any changes on the router. The one exception would be if the DHCP range is from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.254. If the latter is the case, let us know and we'll work with you on updating that.

Take a look at this thread for some more detailed info:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=185713

- Merg

This is what I did,
I changed the DHCP range on my router
Changed all the IPs on my recievers outside that range (still not sure what the IP is on the WCCK)
then reconnected all

Seems to be working....

#91 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

This is what I did,
I changed the DHCP range on my router
Changed all the IPs on my recievers outside that range (still not sure what the IP is on the WCCK)
then reconnected all

Seems to be working....

It's been 5 days now and there has been no disconnected messages and everything is working as designed! Thanks to all for the help! :hurah::hurah:

#92 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• DBSTalk Club
  • 10,274 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

It's been 5 days now and there has been no disconnected messages and everything is working as designed! Thanks to all for the help! :hurah::hurah:

Sounds great!

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#93 OFFLINE   irish1811

irish1811

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

Sounds great!