Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

I pay for leased eq return?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

Good news. That's how it's always been with Dish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Not an issue in this case but everybody complains about paying to return equipment on a closed account. I look at it this way:

If I lease a Car I can either return it to the dealer or have it towed there at my expense. They are not going to come pick it up for free. If I drive it there I'm paying with my valuable time that is lost doing the return.

Thus I do not see the difference when Dish charges for return shipping.

Just another way of looking at it.

TB
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#23 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,499 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:54 PM

If I lease a Car I can either return it to the dealer or have it towed there at my expense. They are not going to come pick it up for free.

They probably didn't deliver it either. Returning it to the point of lease makes sense.

The cable companies want their stuff returned as well ... when I cancelled cable internet a few years ago I had to return the modem to their office - which was tucked away in an industrial park. During business hours.

It is good to see the OP won't be paying for the return of the equipment he upgraded. I'm glad that it is not one of those "new charges" that DISH seems to come up with just when we thought we knew the pricing structure.

#24 OFFLINE   drjohn14

drjohn14

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Cut and paste from Dish business rules state:

Return of Previously Leased Receivers:
Customers who exchange leased receivers under this Plan
must return their exchanged receivers directly to DISH;
DISH will provide boxes and shipping instructions to the
customer. Retailers may not return equipment on a customer’s behalf.

spam firewall