Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper not recognizing broadband connection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Last night I went to browse OnDemand. "You must have an internet connection" my Hopper told me.

That's odd, it was working yesterday. I went to the Boradband section and the link said it was OK. I reset anyway and it failed. I reset again and it came back OK.

Went back to check OnDemand. "You must be connected to the internet to access these features".

I reset again. I even reset the Network which, I assume, is the Hopper Joey link. It said my Master Bedroom Joey was in use and this would interrupt it. Hmmm, last I checked, it was off. Reset the Network and the broadband connection. All looks good. Back to OnDemand

You must have a broadband connection to access these features.

I'm going to do some troubleshooting today but this is very annoying. Any ideas or experieces to share?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jerry downing

jerry downing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 534 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

Try resetting your router. Mine has created issues like this in the past and I plan on replacing it.

#3 OFFLINE   saberfly

saberfly

Legend

• Registered
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

I had same issue. On the on demand screen it said press record to try connection again. I did that and its been fine since.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Well, I did absolutley nothing and everything was fine the next morning.

I guess there is no way to tell where the problem was. I don't thin it was my router as all my other connections were working fine. I imagine it could have been a DNS issue with Comcast, but again, everything else was fine.

I'm updating my router and switch this week so if it happens again that would exonerate my current Netgear router (hate it).

#5 OFFLINE   sregener

sregener

Godfather

• Registered
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

Not sure what the issue is with mine, but in spite of a broadband connection that looks good, selecting OnDemand or BlockBuster@Home from the Menu simply returns to live tv. No error messages.

#6 OFFLINE   jhharelik

jhharelik

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

Had Hopper/Joey about a week, from previous VIP922 (never got to work). Same problems as listed above. Broadband connection indicates no problem, yet trying OnDemand/Blockbuster@Home yields nothing but returning to live TV. Must be one of the seemingly continuous software bugs. I'll try update, but wanted to document the problem.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...