Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Resort

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Virginian

Virginian

Mentor

• Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Welcome On Board, join discussion!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 430 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:57 AM

I can't wait for this show to start! I just hope it makes it to a second season...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#3 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

This is one of the three new shows I will be recording.

Who knows, it's not on NBC, it may stand a chance.

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:47 AM

I'm setting up a timer for it. As long as it doesn't get canceled after just a few weeks I'll probably end up watching it.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#5 OFFLINE   Virginian

Virginian

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

I can't wait for this show to start! I just hope it makes it to a second season...

You don't need to, full pilot is available on Yahoo:

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-061122041.html

#6 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

I really liked the pilot. I'm hoping this show becomes something awesome. :)

#7 OFFLINE   Virginian

Virginian

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:10 AM

I stopped watching. My dad was a submariner and I always enjoyed submarine movies. I'm a little bit familiar with the missile's launch protocols and seeing a captain launching missiles whenever and wherever he wants was a turning point for me.

#8 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,967 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

Awesome.

Great start.

http://www.tv.com/ne...-awesome-29670/

Edited by Sixto, 27 September 2012 - 07:40 PM.

DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#9 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

I thought it was a great start as well. Will keep watching this one.

#10 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,673 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

I really loved it. I didn't expect to have the emotional reaction I did to it, especially this scene:
Spoiler

I don't know why, but after the previous tense 48 minutes, that scene was just very powerful for me.

#11 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:19 PM

Loved this first episode!!!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#12 OFFLINE   scottchez

scottchez

Icon

• Registered
  • 924 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

Wow, best new show of the Fall Season. Wow!
"We need more power Scotty" Kirk

#13 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,851 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Three nukes in the first episode.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#14 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,613 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

Three nukes in the first episode.

It's a stretch but falls within a limited strike scenario. What I question is the sub's captain launching a SBLM equipped with MIRVS without reprograming it's targets using one warhead and scraping the others to make his point.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#15 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Enjoyed the first episode, but that being said, I thought the first 18 minutes of Flash Forward was one of the best 18 minutes ever on the small screen and that show failed to earn a second season.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#16 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,727 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

Haven't watched it yet, but looking forward to it. Also would be interested in Mike's perspectiv :)

#17 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,193 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

I didn't like it. Don't know why yet ... I just didn't believe the characters. It seemed a little formulaic to me.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#18 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

As a submarine veteran I had no desire to watch this program. It is beyond a stretch of the imagination that something like this could take place. I normally can suspend my disbelief but not this time. Below is just one of many comments by some of my submarine veteran friends. I don't think too many old boat sailors will be watching. Not that it will make a difference to ABC.

I wrote ABC an email today...about this New series "LAST RESORT" that is extremely critical and disrespectful of those who wear Dolphins...
I'm definitely not thin skinned...but if these network entertainment entities can produce Cop Shows or Medical programs.. with some degree of accuracy... then By God they owe it to those of us who wear Dolphins.. to portray us as accurately as possible..
To suggest we are fragile.. or disrespectful of authority or to each other... to the exclusion of the Mission...the boat...and the brotherhood.. pisses me off to no end... To not even be able to get it right in terms of technical accuracy.. terminology etc... is as ridiculous as it gets... Calling a Head on a boat a Latrine.. is pathetic inaccuracy and ignorance.. Yea its only TV...but it is I feel encumbent on all of us.. in our interactions with the public... friends etc.. to always strive to set the record straight. and to continue to raise the BULL**** Flag at every oppurtunity with ABC
To Those of us qualified on Submarines, and proudly wear our Dolphins.. This ABC program, does very little to honor, and respect Our Brotherhood... and the Submarine Force.

Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#19 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

As a submarine veteran I had no desire to watch this program. It is beyond a stretch of the imagination that something like this could take place. I normally can suspend my disbelief but not this time. Below is just one of many comments by some of my submarine veteran friends. I don't think too many old boat sailors will be watching. Not that it will make a difference to ABC.

If I didn't watch shows that got my field of expertise wrong (computers, programming, networking, geek stuff, etc) I'd never watch TV. While I do respect your opinion, and thank you for past service, I don't agree with not watching a TV show just because it's not technically perfect or plausible.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#20 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:18 PM

As one who used to be bothered by such "inaccuracies" it is a lot easier when you realize these shows do NOT take place in our world this is as different to us as Star Wars. Bitching about this is no different than complaining because an alien wasn't portrayed right in Star Wars or Star Trek.

If this was advertised as a factual documentary following a REAL submarine or retelling a true story then you would have a point. Of course I also know people like to be offended and complain about things so what more should I expect.

As for the show I liked it, looks like the Pres. or CEO or whatever he is-- is pulling a Wag the dog to prevent impeachment.

spam firewall