Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Last Resort

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   jdskycaster

jdskycaster

Legend

• Registered
  • 272 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

^Why did they even have to go there with the story line? Would you really risk everything including your entire crew over three hostages? And then not even check to see what you were turning over to the piss-ant island boss? They have a massive much more interesting plot to work with yet decide to focus in on this island kingpin plot. What a disappointment.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   njblackberry

njblackberry

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

They did have an opportunity to have the Perseus break (or was it sabotaged - oooohhhhh) and the rest of nonsense in Washington.

Yeah, the island "kingpin" is a worthless plot device.

#43 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

My "plot point issue" is why don't the bad guys (whoever they really are) just kill the chick in Washington DC? The one who designed Perseus (sp?).

And what is the point of converting the wife of the XO into believing her husband is a traitor? Psyops to be sure, but why?

And holding a hero's dead body hostage was just about enough to turn me against the "Powers That Be" with no questions asked. That's what terrorists do.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#44 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

And holding a hero's dead body hostage was just about enough to turn me against the "Powers That Be" with no questions asked. That's what terrorists do.

We never saw his dead body, just heard the shots. Maybe he isn't really dead. Maybe they will use him as leverage in the future. Why didn;t the captain demand the return of the dead body? He never even asked for it!
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#45 OFFLINE   frederic1943

frederic1943

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

We never saw his dead body, just heard the shots. Maybe he isn't really dead. Maybe they will use him as leverage in the future. Why didn;t the captain demand the return of the dead body? He never even asked for it!

Not the guy that was shot on the island but the Captain's son, who is being refused burial.
37" Olevia LT37HVS HDTV with HR21-100 connected with HDMI and HR20-700 connected with Component
And
37" Hannspree Nara HDTV with HR21-100 connected with Component

#46 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Not the guy that was shot on the island but the Captain's son, who is being refused burial.

Yes, that's who I meant. The Captain's son's body is being held as a negotiating tool. That's what terrorists do.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#47 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Yes, that's who I meant. The Captain's son's body is being held as a negotiating tool. That's what terrorists do.

Sorry, yes I see what you are saying. My brain was stuck on something else obviously. :)
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#48 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 921 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:46 AM

It's getting silly to me....and I liked it!
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#49 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

I think the problem are the side plots. Half of them are unnecessary or wildly unbelievable. The only side stories I really care about so far are Christine's and James'.

#50 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

Canceled but the rest of the 13 episodes will be shown.

I'm reminded again why I don't usually start watching a new series until after the first season. :(

#51 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Canceled but the rest of the 13 episodes will be shown.

I'm reminded again why I don't usually start watching a new series until after the first season. :(

Yeah, I hear ya. I've been pretty good at not starting to watch new shows lately but I just had to start watching Last Resort. At least they get to run out their season. Maybe they can re-tool and re-shoot some of the last episodes to give it a good ending.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#52 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,726 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

I hope they also canned the individual that first gave approval for this show in the first place.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#53 OFFLINE   klang

klang

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNear Houston, TX

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

A little more info on the cancellation here.

I had not remembered FlashForward being in the same time slot but didn't that show go on vacation for a few months? I thought the audience disappeared while the show was AWOL.

#54 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:17 AM

I had not remembered FlashForward being in the same time slot but didn't that show go on vacation for a few months? I thought the audience disappeared while the show was AWOL.

Yeah, Flash Forward went on a short hiatus for a 're-tool" and that pretty much killed it.

Flash Forward also wasn't up against the NFL.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#55 OFFLINE   Virginian

Virginian

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

Thank you for the link!

Amazing, 21st century just arrived, technology hits the sky, Mars rover is traveling across Martian landscape and... we still are talking about time slots!

#56 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

I hope they are able bring it to some kind of closure. I remember when Kings ended on NBC and having no closure what so ever. Perhaps they should end it with a nuclear holocaust lol.

#57 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:20 PM

I hope they are able bring it to some kind of closure. I remember when Kings ended on NBC and having no closure what so ever. Perhaps they should end it with a nuclear holocaust lol.

Shawn Ryan, the show's creator, promises a great ending. I forget his exact quote but the word "bang" was in there.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#58 OFFLINE   TomH

TomH

Legend

• Registered
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Thank you for the link!

Amazing, 21st century just arrived, technology hits the sky, Mars rover is traveling across Martian landscape and... we still are talking about time slots!

I hear ya. There are very few shows I watch that I can tell you night they're on let alone what the time slot is. They could be on at 3:00 in the morning and it wouldn't change my viewing habits very much.

#59 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Moderators
  • 13,824 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Shawn Ryan, the show's creator, promises a great ending. I forget his exact quote but the word "bang" was in there.

I'm not sure it'll be that great. This is show if full of plot holes large enough to drive a submarine through.

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

#60 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm not sure it'll be that great. This is show if full of plot holes large enough to drive a submarine through.

Mike

There are still several episodes to get there.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall