Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D screwed over Jets fans in S Fla.....

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Satracer wrong now theres a shock....next we will find out like water is wet.

Didn't realize I had a history of being wrong here. :confused:
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Starz vod hd....freeviews only 3 days.

#63 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,567 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Concise writing is a good thing, but too terse and it doesn't make sense.

Also, the title is just a bit strong. DIRECTV® isn't screwing over Jets fans.

And even if you didn't interpret satracer's sanskrit correctly, he's hardly ever, if ever, wrong.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#64 OFFLINE   bwaldron

bwaldron

Impossible Dreamer

• Registered
  • 5,517 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Didn't realize I had a history of being wrong here. :confused:

Me, either.

HR23-700 --> Samsung UN65F6350AF LCD
HR23-700 --> JVC JLC47BC3002 LCD
H24-200 -->
Panasonic TH-50PX60U plasma

#65 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Me, either.

Then you didnt read the concise & terse post #62.

#66 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

Starz vod hd....freeviews only 3 days.

Many freeviews are only 3 days in length. Some are 4 days, some are 7 days. There have even been some longer than that.

STARZ VOD, yup, sometimes things change. Again, just trying to help. I think my record stands up way more on the plus side than not. At least you and I like the same NFL team, though maybe I'm wrong there as well. :rolleyes:
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#67 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,530 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:19 AM

sat racer is wrong, I kept flipping back and forth, back and forth between plays, nothing until 4mins left in the 1st quarter when the Ravens game ended.

I even tried their stupid searching for game function which just stopped working, it hung, after a minute I gave up as I did not want to miss more of the game..

It's like 1970's technology... How many times do I have to flip to game mix and try and switch the audio and apps start to load or double play starts....

Their monopoly is crumbling due to the red zone channel and NFL network yet D does nothing to keep us around.

You do realize you have the option of downgrading to cable or DISH. May even save you some money on purchasing Visine and crying towels. :sure:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#68 OFFLINE   tenpins

tenpins

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

You do realize you have the option of downgrading to cable or DISH. May even save you some money on purchasing Visine and crying towels. :sure:

He may need the Visine/ Crying towels because of the QB's for the Jets. :lol:

#69 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,530 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

He may need the Visine/ Crying towels because of the QB's for the Jets. :lol:

!rolling

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#70 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

I'm wondering if anyone had 715 opened up temporarily who originally had an early game shown that actually ended on time. i.e., Directv maybe figured that since the early game in said markets was completed, they didn't have to open it up for them. Little did they realize that CBS decided to stay with the bonus coverage in said markets instead of switching to the late game scheduled.

That's what I'm curious of.

#71 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Ok, terse response the op made aside, I understand how he feels. It's happened to me twice. Granted its only been twice in the 10 years I've had ST but it's twice it didn't have to happen and shouldn't when you pay as much as you do for this service. I really think the issue may be with the bonus coverage games CBS does. Both times I'm referencing in my case were games that were being televised locally on CBS had ended but their "bonus" coverage games ran over. In both instances, the late game I wanted to see were supposed to air on the local channel and didn't because of this. The ST channel blackout was not lifted for the start of it. So I'm wondering as another poster said if the people monitoring this see the early game in said market(s) is over so everything's fine when in reality it isn't because of how CBS operates between games. Either D* needs to somehow better monitor this, or the NFL needs to make CBS do what Fox does by cutting bonus coverage when the late game is about to start.

#72 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Many freeviews are only 3 days in length. Some are 4 days, some are 7 days. There have even been some longer than that.

Im looking at the freeview site for this year & all show 4 days for hbo which was the subject.

#73 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

dcowboy7, you want to attack a man's credibility over misstating one or even a few days worth of free premium viewing?

Lordy. :nono2:

I can't speak for Satelliteracer but my goal the past few years has been not to make my first mistake of the day before 8:30 AM.

Usually I fail.

I do have the balls to speak for you:

What's the last mistake you made today, dcowboy7?
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#74 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,600 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

Reading your post. :P

#75 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

:D

Glad to see you are as imperfect as the rest of us.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#76 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

Im looking at the freeview site for this year & all show 4 days for hbo which was the subject.

These sites?

http://www.freepreview.tv/tag/directv

http://news.directv....eptember-14-16/

http://freepreviews.blogspot.com/

Freeview started on Friday and ends on Monday? ;)

Again, some are 3 days, some are 4 days, some are 7 days, some are longer. It depends on the programming, depends on a number of things. Some SAY 3 days but might actually be slightly longer because the broadcast start date is not consistent with a midnight end of day for an average person, so some may go 3.5 days, 3.3 days, 3.8 days, or 4 days but they may be messaged as 3 days.

Just trying to help. Important game for the Pokes this week, can't start 1-2.
DIRECTV employee

#77 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Reading your post. :P

Now that has to be one of the funnier exchanges that I've read in some time. Glad to see both of you appreciating the humor in it.

As for the topic at hand...Jets Fans in Florida....???

I'm sure both of them could have found another way to catch the game in a bar or something. :lol:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#78 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

sat racer is wrong, I kept flipping back and forth, back and forth between plays, nothing until 4mins left in the 1st quarter when the Ravens game ended.

I even tried their stupid searching for game function which just stopped working, it hung, after a minute I gave up as I did not want to miss more of the game..

It's like 1970's technology... How many times do I have to flip to game mix and try and switch the audio and apps start to load or double play starts....

Their monopoly is crumbling due to the red zone channel and NFL network yet D does nothing to keep us around.

I'm a Jets fan too. In Dallas, it was the same sitution. I checked the ST channel at kickoff and it was blacked out. The blackout was lifted about 2 minutes into the game on the ST channel. It sounds like someone just dropped the ball in S Florida. I had that happen to me last year during the Patriots game, where the early game ran late and someone at Directv was asleep at the wheel and the blackout wasn't lifted for most of the first quarter and I had to watch on the mix channel. I was about as happy as you were a week ago.

I prefer when the Jets are not on local TV. If they are the late game, this situation happens. If they are the early game, they could be switched in a blowout. I had that happen when I was watching a recording after the game was over and could not switch to the ST channel.

#79 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

Now that has to be one of the funnier exchanges that I've read in some time. Glad to see both of you appreciating the humor in it.

As for the topic at hand...Jets Fans in Florida....???

I'm sure both of them could have found another way to catch the game in a bar or something. :lol:

Two things are really wrong with your post...

1. There are tons of Jets fans in S Flordia. I used to live in West Palm Beach and there are many relocated New Yorkers.

2. Any bar would have Directv and have the same situation the poster had.

#80 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:43 AM

Two things are really wrong with your post...

1. There are tons of Jets fans in S Flordia. I used to live in West Palm Beach and there are many relocated New Yorkers.

2. Any bar would have Directv and have the same situation the poster had.

I was aware of both things...just trying to add some levity to the conversation. :D;)
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

spam firewall