Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

D screwed over Jets fans in S Fla.....

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

I was aware of both things...just trying to add some levity to the conversation. :D;)

Sorry, sarcasm is sometimes lost in translation when reading something vs hearing something.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

A guide is located at http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/ . Be sure to scroll down.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#83 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,628 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Sorry, sarcasm is sometimes lost in translation when reading something vs hearing something.

No sweat.

I worked for a Ft. Lauderdale operation for several years in the past, and also now work for a Northeast-based operation....so I'm familiar with both ends of the NY Jets fan support/locations stick. ;)
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#84 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

To me, this is a pretty good example of why D* leaped at the opportunity to kill most of their part-time HD RSN channels and move them to full-time HD.

It's painful, staff-intensive (read expen$ive), 100% guaranteed to be imperfect, and 100% guaranteed to p**s off a significant number of your customers when you have to rely on staff to intensively monitor and adjust on the fly a whole bunch of channels. And try not to be shocked at the heresy of the thing, but not everyone who works in TV engineering is a hard-core sports fans that understands what they're looking at from a content pov.
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#85 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:06 PM

It happened again. I wasn't watching the Jets in real time and local Fox decided to switch to another game, so I missed half the fourth quarter. It seems every time the Jets are on local Fox or CBS I either miss the begining of the late game or the end of the early game.

#86 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

To me, this is a pretty good example of why D* leaped at the opportunity to kill most of their part-time HD RSN channels and move them to full-time HD.

It's painful, staff-intensive (read expen$ive), 100% guaranteed to be imperfect, and 100% guaranteed to p**s off a significant number of your customers when you have to rely on staff to intensively monitor and adjust on the fly a whole bunch of channels. And try not to be shocked at the heresy of the thing, but not everyone who works in TV engineering is a hard-core sports fans that understands what they're looking at from a content pov.

you still need people to handle part time over flow feeds.

Can't really put them on timers and some times you need to trun on a over flow very quickly if one game runs long or has a long delay that runs into the next game.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#87 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:15 PM

Ignore this post
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#88 OFFLINE   georule

georule

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

you still need people to handle part time over flow feeds.

Can't really put them on timers and some times you need to trun on a over flow very quickly if one game runs long or has a long delay that runs into the next game.

Sure, there's always times when you need human intelligence to make human decisions. . . and the less of those you can design into the system to require, the cheaper and less problematic your life and your customers lives will be.
LR(non-CE): HR44, Mits 65C9; Office/FR (CE): HR22-100 + AM21, Mits 60737 + Mits 3DA1 3D adapter. Spare bedroom (non-CE), HR23. Genie WHDVR, wireless networking (yay!)

#89 OFFLINE   Garyunc

Garyunc

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:59 PM

It happened again. I wasn't watching the Jets in real time and local Fox decided to switch to another game, so I missed half the fourth quarter. It seems every time the Jets are on local Fox or CBS I either miss the begining of the late game or the end of the early game.

No offense Alevine but the local Fox channel did you a favor today:lol: I would be in a foul mood if I were you as well.

But what we don't know is if Direct TV opened up the Sunday ticket channel for your game when the local channel switched as they are supposed to do....
DirecTV customer since 1995

#90 OFFLINE   alevine1986

alevine1986

Godfather

• Registered
  • 317 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

No offense Alevine but the local Fox channel did you a favor today:lol: I would be in a foul mood if I were you as well.

But what we don't know is if Direct TV opened up the Sunday ticket channel for your game when the local channel switched as they are supposed to do....

That was a painful game to watch and I'm sure Directv opened up the ST feed.

The point of having a DVR is to watch the game when I want. If I could just record the ST feed, I know I'd get the whole game, as painful as yesterday's game was. If I'm not home, I can have the game switched because of blowout or the Cowboys coming on in the late double header game. I know that Directv's hands are tied on this one. It just stinks that if the Jets are on FOX or CBS, I have to be home to monitor if they game is switched early or an early game makes it start late, either of which I need to go to the ST feed and hope that someone turned it on.

#91 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,293 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

That was a painful game to watch and I'm sure Directv opened up the ST feed.

The point of having a DVR is to watch the game when I want. If I could just record the ST feed, I know I'd get the whole game, as painful as yesterday's game was. If I'm not home, I can have the game switched because of blowout or the Cowboys coming on in the late double header game. I know that Directv's hands are tied on this one. It just stinks that if the Jets are on FOX or CBS, I have to be home to monitor if they game is switched early or an early game makes it start late, either of which I need to go to the ST feed and hope that someone turned it on.

Or record it on both.

If the ST channel comes open after the recording starts, will it record when it comes on or does it just shut down? Does anyone know?
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#92 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

1) record the shortcuts game if you have st max

2) most nfl games are listed on sports torrent sites, so if you really needed to see how pathetic the jets are, that is another option

spam firewall