Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Question about Refer a Friend

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pmjones

pmjones

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Has anybody here had a friend use a referral number you gave them from the 'My Referrals' section of mydish.com? If they use one of those numbers, does the 'Activated' column show data right away, or does it remain blank until 30 days have passed and the referral then becomes active?

I'm trying to figure out if a referral of mine got processed correctly . . . but maybe I need to wait another 3 weeks to know for sure?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I have referred several and never received credit, with what I have now learned I would not let it pass now.
Thank you and
Best of luck

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

Has the person you referred gotten their credit yet? It may take up to two months after they get theirs before you see your credit.

Many times, your referral forgot to give the info at the time they committed to Dish or the csr who took the call did not note it in the system correctly. Many who do forget try to tell the installer who doesn't want to be bothered with it and tells the referral to follow up immediately with Dish but does not and neither gets credit. There were also some issues a while back, but those were supposably corrected, but many referrals never were given credit for them.

#4 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:07 PM

Has the person you referred gotten their credit yet? It may take up to two months after they get theirs before you see your credit.

Many times, your referral forgot to give the info at the time they committed to Dish or the csr who took the call did not note it in the system correctly. Many who do forget try to tell the installer who doesn't want to be bothered with it and tells the referral to follow up immediately with Dish but does not and neither gets credit. There were also some issues a while back, but those were supposably corrected, but many referrals never were given credit for them.

This was before I started visiting here and other sites like this. Ignorance is no excuse for failure to follow through and complain. If I refer again and don't get what I have coming I now know what to do.:lol:
Thank you and
Best of luck

#5 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I also have several referrals that I didn't get credit for, that's how I learned.

#6 OFFLINE   Jim5506

Jim5506

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

Dish waits 3 months before beginning to process the credits, just in case your friend cancels out.

It may take 5-6 month for credits to begin appearing on your account, minnimum 4 month, but don't let them drop the ball.
Tuners: Hopper 2000; Hopper w/Sling; 3 Joeys; Samsung SIR-T351; Accurian 6000;2 X HD TiVo; 2 X TiVo Series 2 Stand alone; Panasonic Showstopper 2000
Dish 1000.2 @ 110, 119, 129; dish 500 @ 61.5
Antennas - CM4228; RS U75-R; coathanger; Funke PSP.1922 (stillin the box); paperclip
Displays: Sony VPH D50Q with HD Fury HDMI input; Hitachi 57F59; Sony Bravia LCD;Sanyo 32" LCD; Panasonic 42" plasma
Sony 80GB PS3; Toshiba HD-DVD

Give me a Finco colinear array and I'll rule the world - HA-HA-HA-HA!

#7 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Your friend needs to give the referral code to the person they speak with to set up their account. That referral number is tied to your account thus providing the discount on the friend's account and the monthly credit on yours.

If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Has anybody here had a friend use a referral number you gave them from the 'My Referrals' section of mydish.com? If they use one of those numbers, does the 'Activated' column show data right away, or does it remain blank until 30 days have passed and the referral then becomes active?

I'm trying to figure out if a referral of mine got processed correctly . . . but maybe I need to wait another 3 weeks to know for sure?

#8 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:55 AM

Have you been with Dish for awhile, or recently switch from Directv?

I'm thinking that if I switch to DISH, maybe I can find a friend that had DISH for the refer program..

Still need to crunch numbers and present that to my wife... If you recently switched, are you happy?? Been able to watch PAC12 networks?

#9 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 901 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Your friend needs to give the referral code to the person they speak with to set up their account. That referral number is tied to your account thus providing the discount on the friend's account and the monthly credit on yours.

If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

I could give you three names of people I have given the info to and they claim they gave it to Dish. I believe all are still Dish customers. I never received anything, back then I was not aware of places like this where one can go to get help and information. I still get those coupon things but have not given any out lately...so maybe things have changed.
Thank you and
Best of luck

Protected By... spam firewall...And...