Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 - is PIP actually on edge/corner of HD screen?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   some_raisins

some_raisins

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

I'm looking to switch back to DTV from Dish, and will probably get the HR34 because of all the HD tuners. I see that it has PIP... Does the PIP window actually go all of the way against the edge or corner of the HD screen? Or is the placement of the PIP window designed for SD screen, like on Dish 722k HD DVR?

Also, any outstanding problems with the HR34 that a returning customer might want to know about?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   joebas

joebas

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I just got the HR34 last week and for pip you can select several different views, I liked the side by side just about = size pic
HR34-700, HR24-500, 2xH23-600

#3 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

The PIP screens are engineered for an HD screen. I've had some minor issues with the HR34, but nothing that would make me want to send it back.

#4 OFFLINE   Smuuth

Smuuth

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'm looking to switch back to DTV from Dish, and will probably get the HR34 because of all the HD tuners. I see that it has PIP... Does the PIP window actually go all of the way against the edge or corner of the HD screen? Or is the placement of the PIP window designed for SD screen, like on Dish 722k HD DVR?

Also, any outstanding problems with the HR34 that a returning customer might want to know about?

Thanks!

The PIP window is a 16x9 aspect ratio HD screen but is not right against the edge or corner of the main window. There is part of the active screen showing on two sides of the PIP window.
Eschew Obfuscation!

Patriot Guard Riders

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,030 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

PIP can be place in any corner with a space between the edge and PIP.

There is also a Side-by-side setting with the active being slightly larger then the other.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#6 OFFLINE   some_raisins

some_raisins

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the PIP window placement is at least better than Dish. Order placed. Can't wait to get Big10 Network again...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...