Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The official Pac-12 discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
830 replies to this topic

#361 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,915 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

The TV schedules are available now, so there is no need to guess. All 12 teams have at least two appearances on ESPNU and most have four or more. WSU has 24 games on Pac-12 Networks while UCLA has only 14.

Link please sir? I'd like to see Arizona's schedule.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#362 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

Enjoy watching your ESPNU games in SD.

Since many more games that I want to watch are on Pac 12 Network versus ESPNU I think I still come out ahead. And even if there is a game I want to see I still have the Pac 12....so you know what? I could care less!

#363 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:27 AM

http://www.arizonawi...skbl-sched.html
At least 11 games on pac 12 neworks plus some of the tournament games from the pac 12 tournament will be pac 12 network bound too.

#364 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://www.arizonawi...skbl-sched.html

Or go to pac-12.com and click on Schedule & Results and choose school and sport and see the whole schedule including TV network without having to click on each game.

#365 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

Schedule is not complete tv wise there and you have narrow it down to what you want as well. Pac 12 is slow at updating that schedule.

Or go to pac-12.com and click on Schedule & Results and choose school and sport and see the whole schedule including TV network without having to click on each game.

#366 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

Schedule is not complete tv wise there and you have narrow it down to what you want as well. Pac 12 is slow at updating that schedule.

I just hate that they built a table for the schedule but didn't put a column for TV network.

#367 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,915 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Thanks - I also found this for those interested:

The Pac-12 men’s basketball package includes 150 games aired on the Pac-12 Networks, 47 on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU (including the Pac-12 Tournament championship game on ESPN), 22 games on FSN, and two nationally on CBS. Additional appearances will be made through other conference television agreements and various in-season tournaments.

Full schedule and article: http://pac-12.com/Sp...V-schedule.aspx
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#368 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Thanks - I also found this for those interested:

Full schedule and article: http://pac-12.com/Sp...V-schedule.aspx

I counted 30 on ESPNU and 150 on Pac 12 Network.

Stay w/Directv and 30 in HD on ESPNU and none on Pac 12 Network.

Go to Dish and get 150 in HD on Pac 12 Network and 30 in SD on ESPNU (plus all the other games).

none of the options is perfect...but at least those 30 I can at least see the game!!!! if Directv gave me SD it would a start, but they don't. So I can get 30 of 180 with Directv and 180 of 180 w/Dish, albeit 30 in SD. But watch some of those ESPNU games will migrate to ESPN or ESPN2 by the time they get on there.....

#369 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Does anyone have a link to refer to that states what the "similar offer" is that Pac12 is offering DirecTV?

I found this for Dish.
http://www.dailynews...c-12-television
"Dish has put the Pac-12 channels on its America's Top 120+ package and above for customers who live in the six states with a conference school. It's available nationwide in the Multi-Sport Pack for $9 per month."

So for That offer to be "similar" DirecTV would put the Regional Channels and National on Choice extra and above?
Would it be all the regional channels or just the local RSN?
Would someone who lives in Virginia have to add the sports pack to get all 7? or will the National be in Choice Extra and above and the 6 in the sports pack?

If I'm thinking about this correctly, really the hang up is on Pac-12 National being outside of the Sports Pack and in a basic tier? This is really frustrating.

I can't tell what similar is :confused: :nono: :confused:

#370 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

http://blogs.mercury...nd-other-notes/

Since then, I’ve followed up with industry contacts and become even more convinced that a summertime shakeup in DTV’s corporate structure played a central role in the negotiations going sideways just before the season.

and for those with charter.

But I get the distinct sense that Charter, at the very least, is following DTV’s lead.

Which leads me to believe that could have been why they never picked up csn nw either.

#371 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

The TV schedules are available now, so there is no need to guess. All 12 teams have at least two appearances on ESPNU and most have four or more. WSU has 24 games on Pac-12 Networks while UCLA has only 14.

24 sounds good to me.. all in HD

#372 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Ok, watching the Pac12 SD feed of the OSU and Stanford soccer match.. Looks good to me.. ! The WSU soccer game starts in 45 minutes in HD. LOVE THE PAC12!!!

#373 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,915 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:25 PM

I counted 30 on ESPNU and 150 on Pac 12 Network.

Stay w/Directv and 30 in HD on ESPNU and none on Pac 12 Network.

Go to Dish and get 150 in HD on Pac 12 Network and 30 in SD on ESPNU (plus all the other games).

none of the options is perfect...but at least those 30 I can at least see the game!!!! if Directv gave me SD it would a start, but they don't. So I can get 30 of 180 with Directv and 180 of 180 w/Dish, albeit 30 in SD. But watch some of those ESPNU games will migrate to ESPN or ESPN2 by the time they get on there.....

Please understand I wasn't trying to sway you or anyone either way. I've had conversations with kicks4fun and he'll tell you I support those switching for the P12 Network. It's your money to give to a company that will give you what you want.

#374 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:29 PM

Please understand I wasn't trying to sway you or anyone either way. I've had conversations with kicks4fun and he'll tell you I support those switching for the P12 Network. It's your money to give to a company that will give you what you want.

I concur, you have really been supportive of those who want to switch.. That being said, after hearing all the bad things of quality on DISH etc, the SD looks really good and the HD is about the same.. I'm watching Pac12 right now and love it! Fort those who stay with Directv, that's cool too.. Bottom line, get what you need and want. Fort me, the Pac12 is very important..

#375 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

Field hockey will be live on Dish network as well. Pac 12 bay area feed of that game is on an alternate station and in HD no less.

#376 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:02 PM

OK.... WSU Womens soccer vs. Utah right now in HD.. LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!! No joke, this HD is pretty awesome.. WAHOO

#377 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

OK.... WSU Womens soccer vs. Utah right now in HD.. LOOKS REALLY GOOD!!! No joke, this HD is pretty awesome.. WAHOO

So you have Dish now? do you get all 6 regional feeds in HD?

#378 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

No. the national feed is HD for live sports and alternate feeds come up for live sports and are in HD too. the regional feeds will be hd via pac 12 now very soon with Dish Network.

#379 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

What he said.. :)

#380 OFFLINE   woj027

woj027

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

No. the national feed is HD for live sports and alternate feeds come up for live sports and are in HD too. the regional feeds will be hd via pac 12 now very soon with Dish Network.

I'm confused.

From how I read that, the Pac-12 National is in HD -Great.

Alternate feeds in HD for live sports - are you calling the Regional Channels alternate feeds when they only show HD sports (game only), but are not 24/7 HD for other programming?

Regional Feeds will be in HD soon. - Is this to say the above, essentially all 7 will be 24/7 HD, but right now they are "game only - HD"?

++++++++++++

So that's the deal Pac-12 is offering DirecTV? National in HD, the alternate feeds (6 regional) in HD for live sports. and eventually full time Regional HD? Further the National is on a lower tier and the regional are essentially RSN's?

spam firewall