Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The official Pac-12 discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
830 replies to this topic

#721 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,647 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

common over to Dish. Join the group of us that left Directv because of this.

Yeah, all 35 of you!

:D
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#722 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yeah, all 35 of you!

Face in palm..

Edited by kick4fun, 04 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#723 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:59 AM

Yeah, all 35 of you!

There is a LOT more than that. Laugh all you want by paying MORE for LESS over at Directv.

Even after all the promos expire I am paying about $10 less per month for my programming - and the way the packages are structured at Dish, realistically for the channels I watch I can save even more.

Money talks, bull**** walks. Whine all you want, I just laugh.

#724 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

There is a LOT more than that. Laugh all you want by paying MORE for LESS over at Directv.

Even after all the promos expire I am paying about $10 less per month for my programming - and the way the packages are structured at Dish, realistically for the channels I watch I can save even more.

Money talks, bull**** walks. Whine all you want, I just laugh.

Haha.. I couldn't have said it better.. :)

#725 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

There is a LOT more than that.

Prove it.
DTV = Digital Television

#726 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:24 AM

Prove it.

Oh brother.. Aren't you done with this back and forth.. Great, we all know you love Directv.. We have Pac12 Networks.. Conversation is over..

#727 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

common over to Dish. Join the group of us that left Directv because of this.

Cannot leave DirecTV over the Pac 12 Networks. There are simply WAAAAY too many sports channels and packages on DirecTV that I would lose if I switched to Dish.

Sandra

#728 OFFLINE   Land's End

Land's End

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

I switched to Dish 8 days ago mainly because I was disappointed in ongoing lack of Pac-12 Network. I am enjoying the chage, especially HD and the lower monthly bill. The one thing I REALLY miss is the up to date sports scores that were easy to find over at "D". I hope Dish will add something like that in the near future. Thanks to eveyrone here for keeping us apprised of this Pac-12 situation.

#729 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

I switched to Dish 8 days ago mainly because I was disappointed in ongoing lack of Pac-12 Network. I am enjoying the chage, especially HD and the lower monthly bill. The one thing I REALLY miss is the up to date sports scores that were easy to find over at "D". I hope Dish will add something like that in the near future. Thanks to eveyrone here for keeping us apprised of this Pac-12 situation.

Easily done by pressing blue button for Dish Game finder..

#730 OFFLINE   Land's End

Land's End

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Thanks, kicks4fun, but I've spent 15 minutes on my 722k remote and can't get to the right screen. What am I doing wrong?:(

#731 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,365 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Thanks, kicks4fun, but I've spent 15 minutes on my 722k remote and can't get to the right screen. What am I doing wrong?:(

The Blue Button is on the Hopper remote control.

Also available online here: http://www.mydish.com/gamefinder/

#732 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

Sorry.. I assumed you had the hopper, being a new customer and all.

#733 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

Prove it.

Aside from NFL package and a few RSNs there is little substantive difference between the two and fact remains that Dish costs less. Those facts are just not disputable. So unless you live in an area where Directv has the RSN you need OR you want NFL, the comparison is simple - they are substantially the same on programmimg options.

Dish's DVR technology is slightly better.

Cost is clearly less.

Getting into a circular discussion with you is petty. It's your right to believe what you want, but facts rule.

#734 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

Aside from NFL package and a few RSNs there is little substantive difference between the two and fact remains that Dish costs less. Those facts are just not disputable. So unless you live in an area where Directv has the RSN you need OR you want NFL, the comparison is simple - they are substantially the same on programmimg options.

Dish's DVR technology is slightly better.

Cost is clearly less.

Getting into a circular discussion with you is petty. It's your right to believe what you want, but facts rule.

You said there were a lot more than that in response to someone saying 35 people had left. I asked for proof.
DTV = Digital Television

#735 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

You said there were a lot more than that in response to someone saying 35 people had left. I asked for proof.

Why do you need the proof? Considering you already know at least a handful of people from DBS who have switched, also many other blogs and websites have shown people have left, do you really think it's less than "35" people? Why are you hung up on 35 people..

Was the number enough to make Directv change their position, obviously not, but it clearly is more than 35 people..

I don't know of anyone who has officially taken a poll, but maybe since you have a lot of free time it might be a fun project for you if you were interested in seeing the proof through numbers..
Let us know what you find out.. :)

#736 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Why do you need the proof? Considering you already know at least a handful of people from DBS who have switched, also many other blogs and websites have shown people have left, do you really think it's less than "35" people? Why are you hung up on 35 people..

Was the number enough to make Directv change their position, obviously not, but it clearly is more than 35 people..

I don't know of anyone who has officially taken a poll, but maybe since you have a lot of free time it might be a fun project for you if you were interested in seeing the proof through numbers..
Let us know what you find out.. :)

I didn't make the claim.
DTV = Digital Television

#737 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:53 AM

Then why not help us all out, prove that its not 35 or more...

...because I am not the one who made the claim that it was more than that. Very simple.
DTV = Digital Television

#738 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

I don't really care about what you asked for. Common sense tells us it's more than 35. You can accept that or not. That's just you hung up on the facts. I personally know 9 people besides myself and add in the people here in the forums doing the same thing its clear more than 35 is obvious.

But stick to the facts - aside from NFL Sunday Ticket and a few RSN markets, Directv has programming packages not substantially different from Dish Network.

Dish Network's equipment is a little better, but lets just call that equal for the sake of your silly argument.

At the end of the day my bill is at least $10 less per month...and with differences in packages for what I watch it is clear I can easily drop to a lower tier package and save even more if I choose to.

And on top of it all, I get Pac 12 Network.

Stick to the facts and the arguments are obvious. If you go with Directv (and you do not want Sunday Ticket OR live in one of the few areas covered by a RSN Dish does not have versus Directv) then clearly you are overpaying by staying with Directv versus Dish. Simple as that. Go ahead and get yourself all bent out of shape on proving more than 35 people left Directv over not having Pac 12; it doesn't matter what you think...it's happening.

#739 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

I don't really care about what you asked for. Common sense tells us it's more than 35. You can accept that or not. That's just you hung up on the facts. I personally know 9 people besides myself and add in the people here in the forums doing the same thing its clear more than 35 is obvious.

So, you don't have any. Got it. You could have said it was a baseless assumption from the beginning and saved yourself some time. Let me know when enough people leave that it actually matters. With 20+ million customers...good luck. Enjoy your HD lite, fewer HD channels, and constant/lengthy retrans disputes. Dish Network has been scrounging for the leftovers for 16 years and that shows no signs of changing. I simply prefer the premier provider over the cheap knock off.
DTV = Digital Television

#740 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

So, you don't have any. Got it. You could have said it was a baseless assumption from the beginning and saved yourself some time. Let me know when enough people leave that it actually matters. With 20+ million customers...good luck. Enjoy your HD lite, fewer HD channels, and constant/lengthy retrans disputes. Dish Network has been scrounging for the leftovers for 16 years and that shows no signs of changing. I simply prefer the premier provider over the cheap knock off.

And what does this have to do with Pac12 Networks?

spam firewall