Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The official Pac-12 discussion thread

• Please log in to reply
830 replies to this topic

#761 OFFLINE   kick4fun

kick4fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 467 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Mike Leach is cleared.. Just as I thought.. http://www.cougcente...ings-mike-leach

also, http://www.cougcente...ults-mike-leach

http://washingtonsta.../2/1248813.html

Edited by kick4fun, 12 December 2012 - 08:32 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#762 OFFLINE   heepfan

heepfan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well Pac12 bball starts today and nothing from DirecTV. Just waiting for my contract to expire so I can jump. CSR says they are closer than they have been but I doubt that. #nottheleaderinsports

#763 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 466 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Well Pac12 bball starts today and nothing from DirecTV. Just waiting for my contract to expire so I can jump. CSR says they are closer than they have been but I doubt that. #nottheleaderinsports

So them not having one sports channel makes them not the leader in sports? If that's the case then no MSO is the sports leader. But you know deep down you don't believe that and we all know DirecTV is the leader in sports hands down.
Go Big Red!!!

#764 OFFLINE   heepfan

heepfan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

I used the hash tag just to stir up the coals on this dead thread. However, other providers have all the sports channels I want and DirecTV doesn't so they are not leading me anywhere but away. DirecTV clearly has more but I am a college sports guy that would watch Pac12 more than any other channel most days. Many friends I brought to DirecTV have moved on and it looks like I won't get what I want unless I leave after 13 years. Angry at Pac12 as well as I know it takes two.

#765 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I used the hash tag just to stir up the coals on this dead thread. However, other providers have all the sports channels I want and DirecTV doesn't so they are not leading me anywhere but away. DirecTV clearly has more but I am a college sports guy that would watch Pac12 more than any other channel most days. Many friends I brought to DirecTV have moved on and it looks like I won't get what I want unless I leave after 13 years. Angry at Pac12 as well as I know it takes two.

Well, hopefully PAC-12 Network improves their product to meet their rate or they reduce their rate to match a product that has its prime events diverted to other networks.
DTV = Digital Television

#766 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Interview: Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott Chats About Directv

#767 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Interview: Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott Chats About Directv

Try this Link:
http://autzenzoo.com...games-and-more/

Nothing new here. Scott says the DirecTV offer is virtually the same as the other carriers; he claims that D* wants a different arrangement than what they have with the Big 10 & other RSNs; D* says they don't feel the pressure and haven't lost many subs;
Face it D* has no desire to give PAC 12 fans what they want and nothing is going to happen until late summer when football season rolls around and the complaints pick-up. Thanks to D*, only one semifinal and the Men's Basketball Conference Tournament final will be available. All other games from the tourney will be on the PAC-12 Net.

Edited by sdk009, 25 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#768 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,478 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Try this Link:

Nothing new here. Scott says the DirecTV offer is virtually the same as the other carriers; he claims that D* wants a different arrangement than what they have with the Big 10 & other RSNs; D* says they don't feel the pressure and haven't lost many subs;
Face it D* has no desire to give PAC 12 fans what they want and nothing is going to happen until late summer when football season rolls around and the complaints pick-up. Thanks to D*, only one semifinal and the Men's Basketball Conference Tournament final will be available. All other games from the tourney will be on the PAC-12 Net.

That's inaccurate. DIRECTV® will not give anyone Pac-12 at the rate the Scotts of the world want. A fan is a fan is a fan, and for the majority, DIRECTV® has shown they "care" about them.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#769 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

Nothing new here.

True about this thread, too. I was surprised to see it back on the front page. I was hoping for some news. Nope. Same stuff, different day. I'll wait until August and we get close to the football season before I drop by this thread again.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#770 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I wouldn't expect the network before August/ September. If we don't see it by then expect it to be at least two years before they do. I suspect that will be the case here.

#771 OFFLINE   shyvoodoo

shyvoodoo

AllStar

• Registered
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Try this Link:

You give us a link to a story that is 9 months old to get your point across?!?!... Lolololololol

Ben
Voodoo
All I Want:

Universal Sports HD.
Pac 12/SEC Networks.

#772 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

You give us a link to a story that is 9 months old to get your point across?!?!... Lolololololol

Ben
Voodoo

He gives us the story because he thinks we care about pac16 or by next year 24 teams basketball games. I am sorry but the PAC has very little to offer in basketball. DirecTV might here something if we can't see football games that are big but then I'll just wait and see.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#773 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

I wasn't the orginal poster of the story, I just provided a link that worked.

He gives us the story because he thinks we care about pac16 or by next year 24 teams basketball games. I am sorry but the PAC has very little to offer in basketball. DirecTV might here something if we can't see football games that are big but then I'll just wait and see.

I'm sorry if the PAC 12 doesn't meet your "lofty" standards but some of do care.

#774 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Ben
Voodoo

Did you actually read the article?

The link I posted was from an article from Feb. 25th referring to a live chat interview that Scott had with the Seattle Times on Feb. 21st. The date on the caption you are talking about is from a photo taken of Scott in July 2012.

Link

#775 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,262 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Did you actually read the article?

Scanning and comprehension are clearly not one-and-the-same.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#776 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

You obviously care enough to go into a Pac-12 thread and post about it... :rolleyes:

Sandra

#777 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

By the way, I see that you are in Acc/SEC country. Well the "lowly" PAC 12 could see as many as five teams in the tourney, while the ACC will get four in, and the SEC will be lucky to get three in. So please, do tell about how "little" the PAC 12 has to offer in basketball.

#778 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

By the way, I see that you are in Acc/SEC country. Well the "lowly" PAC 12 could see as many as five teams in the tourney, while the ACC will get four in, and the SEC will be lucky to get three in. So please, do tell about how "little" the PAC 12 has to offer in basketball.

He's just trolling here....don't let him bother you.

Sandra

#779 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

I live here but I grew up in saint Louis so I am big10 not sec. My other teams include baseball cardinals football 49ers hockey blues and I am a flip flopper in basketball. But my college teams are big 10 and some big 12. So don't just look at location and just make up your mind that way.
This also is the reason I have DirecTV is to watch all my teams. Mlbei nhlci and depending on the price nflst.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#780 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,799 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

The ACC could easily get 6 and the SEC could get 4/5 if you think the P12 can get 5.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall