Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Remote Recordings Failed

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ki4cgs

ki4cgs

AllStar

• Registered
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

I went through the guide on the DirecTV website yesterday and set about 10 movies to record off HBO & Starz within the next week. When I got home yesterday I noticed that about 7-8 of them are already showing in the history of my DVR and saying 'failed'.

Any ideas what could have caused this?

I'm going to try to set a few to record on the Android app and see if I also get this error.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   FredZ

FredZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

I am having the same problem with my HR34. I posted a question about it a few weeks ago but never got an answer. When I view the details in history about why it failed, it has this message:

"This remote recording (serial#=xxxxxxxxxx) was canceled because another matching program was scheduled to record. (3011)"

#3 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Registered
  • 766 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I usually see a choice of recording options when setting up a recording:

1. Record if Possible
2. Definitely record

I always choose #2. Did either of you see this menu?

#4 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

I just tested it and it started right up.

Is it past the time that these were set to record?
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#5 OFFLINE   FredZ

FredZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

I tried it again and made sure that I selected the "definitely record" option. It again failed to record with the same message in my history.

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:05 PM

At this point I would post more information.

Show
Channel
Time

Have you tested this when at home? I would just choose a random show that is on and set it to record.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   FredZ

FredZ

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

At this point I would post more information.

Show
Channel
Time

Have you tested this when at home? I would just choose a random show that is on and set it to record.

The show, channel, or time is irrelevant. I get the same failure no matter what or when I am trying to record. I have tried when at home and get the same failure. I also get the same failure when I try it from the Directv web site.

#8 OFFLINE   mannycastaneda

mannycastaneda

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I'm experiencing the same issue! Any attempt to remote record from the web client results in the situation above. I've tried resetting the unit. No dice. Recording from the unit is not an issue. Any more ideas before I call support?

#9 OFFLINE   Gary16

Gary16

Mentor

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

I have been using the DirecTV iPhone app for some time with perfect results on my HR34. A couple days ago I came home and found that a recording that had been programmed successfully via the iPhone app had not recorded. The same thing happened with every program I have tried to record this way since. Tonight I rebooted the HR34 to see if that would make a difference but it did not.

I can program a recording directly on the HR34 and it will record but not with the iPhone app even though I get a "successful" reply. I have confirmed that the problem is only with the HR34. When I use the app for my other receivers the recording still takes place.

I know there was a recent HR34 download that added the "genie." I wonder if that had anything to do with this problem.

#10 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I just received the latest update with the "Genie" option on my HR34. And I used the Android app on my phone and it sets up recordings fine. I also tried the scheduling via the DIRECTV mobile app and it was successful.

The only strange thing is the Android app won't work when I'm on my home wifi, but will work via the phones 4G connection.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#11 OFFLINE   satlover25

satlover25

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

I've had both success and failure. Of approximately 10 settings via the iPad app, I've had one failure. Fortunately it was something I'm glad it didn't record...the Browns loss against Buffalo two weeks ago.
HR34
HR21
H25
2 Genie Mini Clients
16+ yrs w/Dish Network...finally had to let them go!

spam firewall