Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPhone v2.2.x - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Works but having a Personal Hotspot message show up on my iPhone 4s screen causes everything to shift down a bit making it very difficult to select the "Live TV in your home wifi network" button.

This happens with a lot of iOS apps that push GUI elements to the far bottom of the screen and don't account for the "Personal Hotspot Connection" message that appears whenever you have devices tethered to your iPhone.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Aw wifi only...still pretty cool to see they are matching all the features of other cable providers.

They need to have the live tv feature available online.

#23 OFFLINE   rcork

rcork

AllStar

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Does the "Watch Live TV" use one of the receivers in my house to stream the video to my iPhone or is it coming over the internet? Just wondering if i have all my DVRs recording shows if this will impact that.

#24 OFFLINE   pi2000

pi2000

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

android?

#25 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

I used to be able to schedule DVR recordings. Now it said its not supported on Jailbroken Devices and I can't even schedule a G-D- DVR show. I need iBlacklist, 5 x 4 icon springboard and infinifolders to stay organized. Guess i'll have to see if xCon works. If not, its back to restore the old version from iTunes.

I sure hope so. I am iPhone less until my 5 arrives Friday. then a while before that JB is out. I wont update that app until the JB is out and xCon :D

#26 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 838 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:49 PM

Anyone know how to revert back to the older version of the app?

Look through some old back-ups on your phone. Restore that back-up.
Done.

Or have someone email you the old app or download form them, delete the new form iTunes and restore the app.

#27 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,631 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:53 PM

Does the "Watch Live TV" use one of the receivers in my house to stream the video to my iPhone or is it coming over the internet? Just wondering if i have all my DVRs recording shows if this will impact that.

No, these are streaming, not from your dvrs in any way.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#28 OFFLINE   quattro40v

quattro40v

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

Why so few channels available to watch live?

#29 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Licensing agreements / contracts.

#30 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

I sure hope so. I am iPhone less until my 5 arrives Friday. then a while before that JB is out. I wont update that app until the JB is out and xCon :D

Eh, just go to www.directv.com in safari on the iphone. Click the middle icon at the bottom and then click the add to home screen button.

Now you have the same functionality you had before and then some. You can do more acct management and the UI looks more updated as well. Still can search the guide and set recordings. I don't think they can ever detect if the phone is jailbroken through Safari, as it runs web apps and sites in a protected mode. Plus anything using the Safari engine is subject to the Nitro javascript engine, so it runs pretty quick. Old apps with web view calls could not take advantage of the javascript engine. This is why the facebook app for iphone was soooooo slow until they finally wrote a native Obj C app.

Problem solved.

On the other side, the devs for xcon are aware of this update and are working on it.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#31 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:46 AM

Downloaded the new OS 6 to my iPhone 4S last night. Nice. Downloaded the new app for D*tv, but it could not locate my HR20 receivers. I tried putting the IP address in manually, but still didn't work.

I'm going to try to delete and re download the D*tv app when I get home this afternoon.

Any other suggestions to try?

Thanks

#32 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

The work around for JB phones was released this morning. I now got it working my my JB iPhone

#33 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

The work around for JB phones was released this morning. I now got it working my my JB iPhone

I installed the patch but it cannot find any receivers even though I'm on wifi,

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#34 OFFLINE   scb2k

scb2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

Mind sending me a PM and providing me with the release?

Thank you!

#35 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Sweet!!

#36 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Mind sending me a PM and providing me with the release?

Thank you!

Just sent it.

#37 OFFLINE   scb2k

scb2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:08 PM

Thank you DodgerKing!!

#38 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

60 channels is quite a bit compared to other TV providers...

#39 OFFLINE   h4b1t

h4b1t

AllStar

• Registered
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

No, these are streaming, not from your dvrs in any way.

So in theory if I managed to connect to my home wifi via VPN in order to talk to my home receiver for a minute I could then watch from outside of my local wifi? Anyone have thoughts on this?

#40 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

So in theory if I managed to connect to my home wifi via VPN in order to talk to my home receiver for a minute I could then watch from outside of my local wifi? Anyone have thoughts on this?

There are checks in place to foil a standard VPN. If your using the built in VPN connectivity options in IOS, the app does detect that and it doesn't count.

If your using some other way to foil the app, well it also does periodic heartbeats and there is a particular latency that it expects you would be able to achieve on a home network that would not work through an outside network.

My iPad finds the DVR and streams live TV fine. The iPhone app does not find the DVR at all. Both are on the same wifi SSID.

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

Protected By... spam firewall...And...