Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV App for iPhone v2.2.x - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

My iPad finds the DVR and streams live TV fine. The iPhone app does not find the DVR at all. Both are on the same wifi SSID.

Try to delete & reinstall the app...then disconnect/reconnect the iPhone from your wifi. That's what I had to do to get it to work tonight

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,961 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Try to delete & reinstall the app...then disconnect/reconnect the iPhone from your wifi. That's what I had to do to get it to work tonight

That worked, thanks!

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#43 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,961 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

So in theory if I managed to connect to my home wifi via VPN in order to talk to my home receiver for a minute I could then watch from outside of my local wifi? Anyone have thoughts on this?

In fact I did some testing to simulate a VPN (without using a VPN) and if the latency deviates too much then the streaming video will stop and a popup will say "Network Reachability Changed Your network will need to be scanned again to find your receiver. (OK)."

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#44 OFFLINE   tomski35

tomski35

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:34 AM

You can watch "everywhere" you are on the same network as your DVR - basically in your house - unless you have HBO and don't want to use their superior app.

#45 OFFLINE   jasonblair

jasonblair

Icon

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:47 PM

The work around for JB phones was released this morning. I now got it working my my JB Phone

Since I am running JellyBean on my Galaxy Note, can you please post how you were about to get the iOS app to run? Thanks!
HR24 - Samsung UN55D8000, HR22 - Panasonic PT-AE7000U, H24 - Samsung HL-S5668W, MRV, Slimline SWM5

#46 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iphone, after updating to the new ios 6. I also unplugged my receivers for a couple of hours to reset them. After the reset of the receivers, I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled it, but still cannot get it to find my receivers. I have 2 HR20-700's on whole home network. I have also tried to inut the IP address every time the auto detect fails.

Any other suggestions? Very frustrating!

#47 OFFLINE   pmhapp

pmhapp

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Since I am running JellyBean on my Galaxy Note, can you please post how you were about to get the iOS app to run? Thanks!

I think JB phone = Jailbroken iPhone, not Jelly Bean (although I am jealous).

#48 OFFLINE   pmhapp

pmhapp

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

The updated app is nice, however what I want is to watch DVR'd items on iOS or OS X. Am I missing this functionality somewhere?

#49 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have deleted and reinstalled the app on my iphone, after updating to the new ios 6. I also unplugged my receivers for a couple of hours to reset them. After the reset of the receivers, I've deleted the app twice and reinstalled it, but still cannot get it to find my receivers. I have 2 HR20-700's on whole home network. I have also tried to inut the IP address every time the auto detect fails.

Any other suggestions? Very frustrating!

Did you disconnect/reconnect your iPhone from the wifi?

#50 OFFLINE   canekid

canekid

Legend

• Registered
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:31 PM

I downloaded it, have yet to use it.

Will tonight though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup: HR34-700 - Samsung 48" 1080p / HR20-700 - HTPC Slave & DVR Server / H25-100 - Westinghouse 37" 1080p
Notes:Yes I have a Samsung TV. When it quits, I will buy Sony instead

#51 OFFLINE   bigwad

bigwad

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:08 AM

Did you disconnect/reconnect your iPhone from the wifi?

I have done everything multiple times,including the on/off WiFi. Also in different order, just to see. Just won't find/validate receiver. Tried manually putting in IP address multiple times. Nothing seems to make it go

#52 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,180 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

The updated app is nice, however what I want is to watch DVR'd items on iOS or OS X. Am I missing this functionality somewhere?

You need a nomad to do that.

#53 OFFLINE   DodgerKing

DodgerKing

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

You need a nomad to do that.

Or even better than that, a Slingbox

#54 OFFLINE   itzme

itzme

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Why doesn't the app include directv remote functionality, like the iPad one?

#55 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,487 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

Or even better than that, a Slingbox

Better depends on the use. For some, Slingbox is a better option, for others, Nomad.

#56 OFFLINE   tider

tider

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

I have installed the new app and it will work in guest mode , but when I log in it says we're experiencing technical difficulties after I try to open the app.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-304836321.jpg

#57 OFFLINE   tider

tider

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:14 AM

Any ideas why it's doing this

#58 OFFLINE   tider

tider

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

This is message

image-775216373.jpg

#59 OFFLINE   jasonblair

jasonblair

Icon

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

My wife got her iPhone 5 on Friday. The DirecTV and Sunday Ticket apps both fail to utilize the whole screen. There is black all around the picture. On top, bottom, left, and right sides. Since I am anti-Apple, I don't know how to tell her to zoom the image to fill the screen when watching video. How do you do this?

Thanks!
HR24 - Samsung UN55D8000, HR22 - Panasonic PT-AE7000U, H24 - Samsung HL-S5668W, MRV, Slimline SWM5

#60 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,180 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

My wife got her iPhone 5 on Friday. The DirecTV and Sunday Ticket apps both fail to utilize the whole screen. There is black all around the picture. On top, bottom, left, and right sides. Since I am anti-Apple, I don't know how to tell her to zoom the image to fill the screen when watching video. How do you do this?

Thanks!

I don't think you can. When they where talking about the new phone, they basically said it would do this for most things, and that the developers will have to update their apps. I'd bet on DirecTV and everyone else too, getting a update out pretty quick for this.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...