Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x0583 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   BuLL

BuLL

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

I'm watching a channel that's in Custom One, my normal FAVORITES list. Then I key into the remote a channel that's not in my favorites list. Fine. That channel appears. Then I press PREV to go back to the previous channel that is in the favorites list. Fine. The HR34 gos there. Then I press PREV again to go back the channel that's not in my favorites list. Not so fine. The HR34 goes to the top channel in my LAST FOUR list. The LAST FOUR list does not contain the non-favorites channel I keyed in. Seems like the LAST FOUR list and the PREV command don't like channels that are not in your favorites list.

I have this problem as well.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Tonight my HR34 became totally unresponsive using Double Play.

I wanted to watch the Giants/Ravens game on 212, the NFL Network, and a replay of the first round of the FedEx Tour Championship on the Golf Channel, 218. I set them up in Double Play. As a back-up measure, I started recording the golf match.

The final twosome of Tiger and Rory had yet to tee off so I stayed on the football game. It quickly became a blowout and I drifted to surfing around, watching other channels. I'd drop back into the golf match, not using Double Play but by just changing the channel, to check in. I got involved in another program and forgot about golf for a while.

The next time I tuned it in, I saw Tiger and Rory were on the fourth hole and Tiger was at -2. Whoa!. I was glad I had set up Double Play and had the golf match in record. I used Previous to go to a second channel and then hit the down arrow, expecting to find the golf match. Nothing. I hit it again and again. The DirecTV logo on the front of the HR34 would blink but nothing happened. Nothing would get Double Play to re-engage.

Other functions remained, abet sluggishly. It would begrudgingly changed channels, ignoring many remote commands. Again, the DirecTV logo blinked but nothing happened. It took maybe 10 seconds to call up QuickTune but eventually it started. The HR34 reminded me of my HR23 back three months ago, during the Time Of The Great Slow Down. It had something else on its mind other than changing channels and it absolutely didn't want to go into Double Play.

Eventually I entered in 2-1-8 and called up the golf match. At that point, Double Play started working again. The down arrow switched between the golf match and whatever other station I had selected. The DVR's speed of operation became normal again.

I didn't have to re-initialize Double Play. I didn't get the gray boxes with the prompts telling me how to start Double Play. It acted like it had never failed. But it had until I entered 2-1-8 and reminded the HR34 that it was supposed to have The Golf Channel on one half of Double Play.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#23 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

Still occasionally getting this GUIDE bug.

Attached Thumbnails

• vlcsnap-2012-09-20-08h51m03s183.jpg

#24 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:49 AM

I change channels and sometimes I get this.

Attached Thumbnails

• vlcsnap-2012-09-20-15h54m33s81.png

#25 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hallelujah! ~ 0x0583 BACKSPACES now. Unfortunately, most of the time, it backspaces way too much. My preliminary data for my particular HR34 shows that on FFWD SPEED SETTING 2, it backspaces approximately 18 seconds. Even if I'm asleep at the switch, that's 10 seconds too much. On FFWD SPEED SETTING 3, it backspaces approximately 26 seconds. 12 seconds of backspace at that FFWD speed setting would be much better. Sometimes however, very occasionally, 0x0583 backspaces seemingly about the right amount, at least for me. That is it compensates for my recognition/reaction time and then gives me an additional 2 seconds of backspace, i.e it takes the video to a point 2 seconds before where I had intended to hit PLAY while in FFWD, if you get my drift.

#26 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

I haven't had that guide bug, since a few releases ago. My HR34 seems to be working well right now, but I just received the update Thursday. I thought I had received 0x0583 the day before, because my skip had reverted to slip on Wednesday. Without a manual reboot, that usual indicates an update, but I never checked.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#27 OFFLINE   T-Mac

T-Mac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

VOD fixed? Hard to tell by wading through the incredibly detailed release notes put out by Directv.

Anybody downloaded some VODs to see if the freezing/skipping issue resolved?

#28 OFFLINE   gvc

gvc

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Anybody downloaded some VODs to see if the freezing/skipping issue resolved?

I downloaded two episodes of a show and could not watch them due to this issue. just deleted them. but I was watching them on a networked bedroom H23 receiver and not the main HR34.

#29 OFFLINE   BuLL

BuLL

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

I am still experiencing the Guide bug as well. Sometimes on List or ToDo view two lines will overlap, but not as scrambled as the Guide.

#30 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

I started getting a black screen on several channels yesterday. I could see the channel banner, but no picture or sound. Did a reset and all seems well again.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#31 OFFLINE   2tonedug

2tonedug

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

my guide and list background has turned an insanely bright white. my eyes are bleeding. any one else experiencing this?

#32 OFFLINE   adamwe

adamwe

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

last night had a slight rain storm here. Hr34 lost its signal on all hi def channels only. Check my hr22 and hr24 they did not lose the signal. After storm was over still had searching for sat on hidef channels. While switching channels the screen went black. Now getting voices on all channels but a completely black screen, no guide nothing showing up. I put in a hidef channel and the reciever moved to 1080i had voice no picture still. Then i put a standard channel in the reciver went to 480 but still only sound no picture. I jump around channels trying to get a piture on any no luck:( The reciever was going to each channel and changing resolutions but i only got audio. I did a reset and everything came back, picture and sound. This never happen before with the previous version. Also it seems that everytime i have to reset the reciever the schedular list doesnt get restored correctly. I had 12 programs to record after the reset, i had only 8 but really only 4 since each was a double of the other recording. Each recording was listed twice. The only way to fix it was to delete each series then add the series back in.
This new software is a major downgrade in stability on my system. Hopefully they can fix this software soon.

#33 OFFLINE   adamwe

adamwe

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

Another bug I have found is this: After listening to a music channel for a few hours, and the screen saver is on. If you try to go back to the previous channel you were watching. I get an error msg saying i am not authorized to view this channel. Have to input a differt channel then go to the channel i want. this only happens after screen saver is on for a few hours.

#34 OFFLINE   Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould

Icon

• Registered
  • 793 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I started getting a black screen on several channels yesterday. I could see the channel banner, but no picture or sound. Did a reset and all seems well again.

I seem to occasionally see a black screen. Ill tune to a channel. Its will come on for a split second then goes black. No picture or sound. Ill hit the previous channel button and the current channel comes back.

#35 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

+1
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#36 OFFLINE   tonydi

tonydi

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

I seem to occasionally see a black screen. Ill tune to a channel. Its will come on for a split second then goes black. No picture or sound. Ill hit the previous channel button and the current channel comes back.

I've seen this on every release since I got the box in late Feb. Usually it happens when I've channel surfed more than one or two channels ahead of where it was. The faster I press the channel button, the more the likelihood is that this will happen. I'd love to have it do better at channel surfing because I'm not much of a Guide fan, but I suspect that's something many different satellite boxes struggle with.

#37 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

I am having this problem also.

#38 OFFLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Don't know if this is a 0583 problem or not but I seem to occasionally end up with two recordings of the same show!

When I go into the "To Do List" I will every once in awhile see that the same episode is set up to record at the same time twice? I have two HR23's and the HR34. When I checked out the HR23's I saw that these weren't duplicate series recordings. They were only on the HR34. Each series is set to record only first runs! Driving me nuts.

Still getting the occasional guide breakup which is only fixed by scrolling up or down.

#39 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

First heavy load of recordings for the new season.

1. While watching a recorded program had five shows set to record 7:00 P.M., a couple of minutes brfore 8:00 message popped up this reciever needs to switch channels to "Two Broke Girls" ok to record etc., selected OK to record but box never changed channel.

2. Late in the evening the HR34 lost the CBS & NBC channels both OTA and satellite, when I tune to one of these got a black screen. Recordings that were set to record came up as cancelled with a bunch of menu code numbers.

Menu reboot returned functions to normal.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#40 ONLINE   bflora

bflora

Legend

• Registered
  • 134 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

I am having the same problem with 0582.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...