Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

questin about dish& nba league pass

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

does dish carry all the nba league pass in hd and dual feeds like directv?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   strikes2k

strikes2k

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:26 PM

When a game is in HD they have a dual feed but typically not all games are in HD.

#3 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,984 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

Definitely not the Knicks or Nets.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Definitely not the Knicks or Nets.

At least not the home games anyway.

#5 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

hmmm.I spoke with a csr at dish today but he said they carry every game in HD,but he didnt sound to sure of his answer,thaths why i came here to ask,he also said whatever everybody else has dish has,in reference to directvs nba league pass He was a nice guy but just didnt seem to know much about nba league pass. But he did know abut the tv packages they have. I was thinking about the hopper/ joey but my wife watches hell on wheels and i watch breaking,and walking dead on AMC which DISH currently doesnt carry. so i either goback to D* or stay with fios for at least 1 more year.

#6 OFFLINE   mattzane227

mattzane227

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

Dish's NBA League Pass is horrible compared to DirecTV's. That is the sole reason I switched to DirecTV.

No MSG-HD or listening to Walt Frasier for the Knicks. No YES network which means no Marv Albert for the Nets.

No dual feeds at all (at least 2 years ago when I had Dish). I love the Clippers announcers but with Dish half the time it would only be the other teams feed. I guess they just randomly pick which feed you get. Dual feeds are also great for avoiding certain teams awful homer announcers that make you not even want to watch the game. With Dish you would have to suffer.

Many more games not in HD on Dish. And when you see the SD quality of some of the RSN's you will vomit. It's hard to tell which player is which sometimes.

Plus if you get the HR-34 you have 5 tuners which I will be in heaven with when NBA starts.

I'm not a Dish Network hater but for NBA League Pass it's no comparison.

Edited by mattzane227, 25 September 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   Fishman23

Fishman23

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Do you think Dish will offer a free trial for the first week of the season? I'd really like to know what I'm getting into before laying down $179. I notice it says early bird price of $179. How much more will it cost if I wait?

#8 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Do you think Dish will offer a free trial for the first week of the season? I'd really like to know what I'm getting into before laying down $179. I notice it says early bird price of $179. How much more will it cost if I wait?

$189
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

#9 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 914 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I have not seen if a free preview will be available for NBA League Pass. Keep checking back at mydish.com for updates on the free preview channels. Thanks.

#10 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

I believe Dish has free preview of league pass every year for the first week or so.
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#11 OFFLINE   aaronbud

aaronbud

Legend

• Registered
  • 211 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

As of last season, and each season before that, Dish only shows one feed of each game, each game available in SD, and probably 75% or so in HD as well. I agree having a choice of broadcast would be great. Seems like certain teams home games are hardly in HD, Toronto Raptors, Portland come to mind.
Aaron Lewis
Sacramento, Ca
Dish Network Since '97

#12 OFFLINE   rasheed

rasheed

Godfather

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

If Dish does not carry the RSN for a game, does it get blacked out on NBA TV or NBA league pass? Dish Game Finder says no blackout, but I am not sure since this is rather new territory for some fans.

Edit: The game was blacked out even though the RSN is not available.

By the way, it appears the free preview tradition is happening otherwise.

Rasheed

Edited by rasheed, 31 October 2012 - 09:34 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   epokopac

epokopac

Godfather

• Registered
  • 333 posts
  • LocationLawrenceville, Georgia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

If Dish does not carry the RSN for a game, does it get blacked out on NBA TV or NBA league pass? Dish Game Finder says no blackout, but I am not sure since this is rather new territory for some fans.

Edit: The game was blacked out even though the RSN is not available.

By the way, it appears the free preview tradition is happening otherwise.

Rasheed

I tried NBA-LP for half a season a year or two ago and it didn't matter if Dish carried the RSN or not. I "'do" remember seeing MSG and YES feeds (SD only) on occasion. I would imagine that the package contents are controlled by the NBA from night to night and Dish broadcasts whatever is in that package for that evening.

Direct is a whole different animal when it comes to sports.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...