Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Survivor: Philippines

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Wow, how things change quickly in this game. Malcolm goes from the decimated Matsing tribe to Tandang, which has won almost every challenge. He manages to get into the majority alliance with Peter, who shares that they have an idol, and Malcolm has an idol in his pocket. What a reversal of fortune! The question remains will he remain loyal to Denise going forward when there's a merge.

Denise went from a horrible situation to one that's only slightly better. Now Kalabaw is being exposed. They got beat by Tandang in almost every challenge, winning only the first one in a very close finish I do believe, but because they came in second out of three every other time, they still had immunity. Now there's nowhere to hide. Assuming there's a merge at 10 people remaining, if they don't win the next two immunity challenges, they'll be at a disadvantage entering the merge.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

This Wednesdays tribal was a great one, all the immunity idols are out in the open and neither had to be played. That was a great move waving it out there before the vote and then not playing it. :)

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#23 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

It was a great move .. (not so) poor Jeff was so entrenched at getting a repeat player out of the game that he forgot about saving his own hide. Jeff had his chance to go far in the game last week and blew it as evidenced by this week.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#24 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

Boy I was really hoping that Penner would go the distance, it's really too bad that Abi won immunity but I give her credit for holding out in the food challenge to buy the advantage.

#25 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

Boy I was really hoping that Penner would go the distance, it's really too bad that Abi won immunity but I give her credit for holding out in the food challenge to buy the advantage.

Agreed on Penner

And I really am starting to feel somewhat sad for Abi, she just don't get it, and most likely never will

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#26 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

I was hoping for Penner, but he was in a corner. For him to have won, he would have had to dodge a thousand bullets and if he'd have pulled it off, I would have considered it one of the biggest coups ever in Survivor. I think the only one that would have been close is when Chris won despite being the lone male in the final 6 or 7 people may seasons back. I just think it's very unlikely to win without some sort of alliance to get you to the final 3 (or 4).

At this point I'm going to have to hope for Malcolm. Denise is starting to grate on me a bit. She's smart but taking a holier than thou attitude. That being said, she's one tough cookie.

I'm disappointed that Abi is still around, but I guess it makes for good TV - can't really have good without evil. :)

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#27 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 762 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

I have a feeling he'll go soon, but I'm really pulling for Michael, he's the one true survivor of the series taking that pig out...
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#28 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

[...]
I'm disappointed that Abi is still around, but I guess it makes for good TV - can't really have good without evil. :)

And she's gone. Yay! I have to hope Michael or Malcolm wins this season, they are playing the best game.

Interesting that nobody sees Lisa as a threat, was she playing sad little shy girl in the beginning so she could come on strong at the end or did she really just start figuring the game out after her brother left? She may be playing for an award instead of a million bucks. :)

#29 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,193 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

And she's gone. Yay! I have to hope Michael or Malcolm wins this season, they are playing the best game.

Interesting that nobody sees Lisa as a threat, was she playing sad little shy girl in the beginning so she could come on strong at the end or did she really just start figuring the game out after her brother left? She may be playing for an award instead of a million bucks. :)

If memory serves me, Lisa mentioned on air that she had finally come to understand the game and that because of that, she would now implement a strategy. I'm thinking this came about a few weeks into the season and long before her brother came to visit. I think her "poor me" phase ended once she figured out the game.

But I could be wrong... :P
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#30 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

CBS really has to stop having the Season finale on the same night as an NFL double header. I forced myself to stay up and watch long enough to see who won but that was it, I'll have to catch the rest tonight.

After the last immunity challenge was over it was pretty easy to see who was going to win.

#31 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:20 AM

I had no trouble watching the whole thing .. Games were long over when it came on here in LA :P

#32 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

I had no trouble watching the whole thing .. Games were long over when it came on here in LA :P

:lol: Yeah it's easy for you left coasters. :D

#33 OFFLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

Thirsty from pretzels

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,091 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

I was hoping for Penner, but he was in a corner. For him to have won, he would have had to dodge a thousand bullets and if he'd have pulled it off, I would have considered it one of the biggest coups ever in Survivor. I think the only one that would have been close is when Chris won despite being the lone male in the final 6 or 7 people may seasons back. I just think it's very unlikely to win without some sort of alliance to get you to the final 3 (or 4).

At this point I'm going to have to hope for Malcolm. Denise is starting to grate on me a bit. She's smart but taking a holier than thou attitude. That being said, she's one tough cookie.

Chris also survived the first tribal council that season after being the goat in the first immunity challenge.

#34 OFFLINE   Dr_J

Dr_J

Icon

• Registered
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

After the last immunity challenge was over it was pretty easy to see who was going to win.

Whomever survived that final vote, Denise or Malcolm, I knew was going to win, as Lisa and Skupin had no chance. Went from Matsing decimation to top dog. Well-played.

#35 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 9,061 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

I would love to be a contestant on this show, after 12 years I still dream about it each time the finale comes and they tease the next season.

Just like I say each season, maybe next year. :)

spam firewall