Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish cancelling my account?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

. Now, you could call up and tell them you're filing a complaint with the BBB, which may or may not get you any action or resolution,

lol.

This will accomplish one of two things.
Him speaking to a CSR that doesnt care, will put him on mute and laugh/chuckle.

Or,
That CSR will just transfer him to the ERT department again.

Something to keep in mind, if you keep speaking to ERT you can get flagged as a trouble customer and then all of your calls will always be instantly transfered to ERT.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   runner861

runner861

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Where is the DIRT team in all of this?

#63 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Why would they get involved ERT is handling it.

#64 OFFLINE   wyy183

wyy183

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Thought I would post some updates - I will be asking additional questions in the appropriate forums at a later time.

E* cancelled me on 9/24. I have until 10/24 to return my 922 receiver. After a call, I have been credited for the $17 shipping cost of the receiver. Receiver is disconnected from satellite and network, and still functions. Which is good, as I'm dumping 7-10 movies/events to PVR. Approximately 80 events to go at this moment. Shouldn't be a problem getting it back on time.

I signed up with D* about two weeks ago. HR34/700, H25-500. AM21 was connected this morning. All seems to be working just fine. I just ordered AV-cable for H25 from Amazon a while ago. That will go to PVR when I finish with the 922.

I got Choice Xtra, had a referral, so my rate is about half of what I was paying with E*.

I've had one issue with my HR34, and that was taken care of when a software update arrived the next morning. They have followed up multiple times to make sure that all is working the way that I want.

So far, I'm happy with the D* system.

spam firewall