Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

EPG Information for Lost Locals

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Not sure if this belongs, here, OTA, or 622...

My local CBS station in Columbus (WBNS ch 10) has been off dish for a couple of weeks now. I have two 622's and an antenna in the attic that feeds both. The EPG information is gone when you view the guide (for WBNS) but the existing timers still seem to be setting recordings. Anyone else notice this?

Of course, the scheduled recordings that I have for the 10-00 channel I have to skip and create one on 10-01. Then anything at the same time on any other *-01 channel I have to skip and move to *-00. It's all doable but I have to be on my toes.

It's just really strange to me that the timers still seem to be recognizing the shows to record even though they don't show up in the guide.
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

I think the existing timers are acting like manual timers.

#3 OFFLINE   festivus

festivus

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

But how? If the information in the guide simply denotes "Important..." how do the timers know these are the shows that they are set to record? Seems like the timers are getting it right regarding whether or not the show is new as well.

Not complaining, that's for sure.
Panasonic TCP50S1 50 inch plasma in great room, Dish VIP622, Pioneer Surround System

Sanyo PLV-Z5 Projector in basement, 106 inch gray screen, 2nd Dish VIP622. LG Surround System

db2 antennna in attic for both VIP622s

Time Warner Roadrunner

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. ~Carl Sagan

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

I wonder if DISH wiped out the name of the show but left the internal show numbering information? The timers could be tracking the show numbers instead of the names.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...