Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish Satellite install Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   freebird9

freebird9

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hi guys. I just signed up with dishnet after leaving directv, and I am having 2 seperate HD-DVR receivers installed tomorrow. I would really like to get the German international channel pack in the future. How do I know if they are installing the correct dish? I spoke with a rep with the online chat and she said yes the dish the installer is installing will work with international channels, their is no need for an international dish. Im a bit confused now, and wondering is a standard 2 HD-dvr Dish all I need for internationals? :confused:

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   VDP07

VDP07

Godfather

• Registered
  • 484 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:44 PM

If you are not initially signed up for an international programming package, the installer will not be installing a dish capable of bringing in international channels.

#3 OFFLINE   freebird9

freebird9

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

okay.. This was the same woman that also told me my local Houston stations and fox sports southwest regional channel were included with the top 120 basic package. Did she also misinform me about this? I hope this isn't typical of dishnet sales reps. I'm starting to get nervous signing over with dish network, especially after being a Directv customer for 17 years. :(

#4 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,293 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

If you are getting AT120 Plus you will be OK on the RSN (assuming that is the RSN for where you live). If you just signed up for AT120 then no RSNs.

DISH installs what you need for what you subscribe to ... if you do not subscribe to internationals they don't install the special international dish. Upgrading to AT120+ to get your RSNs would not require a dish change, but adding international channels later will. Expect an upgrade cost.

#5 OFFLINE   freebird9

freebird9

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

okay thanks for clearing that up for me. Looks like I will have to upgrade to the AT 120+ for an extra $5 per month if I want to add my RSN and watch Houston Rockets basketball games on fox sports southwest.

#6 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Why not also get the German channel at the time of the Install and have all the equipment you need installed. You don't have to keep it forever.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#7 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

If you are not signing up for any international channels at installation, you are probably going to get the wrong dish. New installations typically get a Dish 1000 which receives 110,119 and 129. You need a Dish 1000 plus that receives 110, 118.7, 119 and 129. It has a special LNB that can receive both 118.7 and 119. You would be best advised to get this all done right at this first installation.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

Protected By... spam firewall...And...