Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Broadband deca causing problems with AirPlay

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tamiraan

tamiraan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Is Broadband DECA with Dtv connected home system compatible with other network services such as Airplay or even IP camera. Ever since I've put BBDECA in customers' houses with Airplay and IP cameras, every single one of the customers called me back and complaining about not being able to do any Apple AirPlay, even some of them saying having problems with their ip security cameras. Does anyone know about how much bandwidth this BBDECA uses on a local network? If it is too much, is there any work arounds other than disconnecting it for good? Please advise.

Edited by tamiraan, 21 September 2012 - 01:55 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

Does anyone know about how much bandwidth this BBDECA uses on a local network?

Unless you're downloading VOD, it's "almost nothing".
A.K.A VOS

#3 OFFLINE   tamiraan

tamiraan

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

Unless you're downloading VOD, it's "almost nothing".

Well, that's what i was thinking. Could it be the HDDVRs that popped up on the network after BBDECA installed? They are all DLNA clients, right?

#4 ONLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,859 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well, that's what i was thinking. Could it be the HDDVRs that popped up on the network after BBDECA installed? They are all DLNA clients, right?

If they are DLNA clients, they aren't very good ones. :lol:

This level of networking isn't my strong suit, so maybe someone else can offer more info.

"Maybe" it's a router issue.

People have had problems with MRV that turned out to be related/connected to a smart phone being plugged into the network.
A.K.A VOS

#5 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

Airplay from an iPad 3 to an Apple TV 3 coexist quite nicely with a HR34 CCK/DECA setup here in my house.

#6 ONLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,632 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

No problems here with DECA and AirPlay. Odds are something else is going on with their networks.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#7 OFFLINE   azarby

azarby

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

No problems here with DECA and AirPlay. Odds are something else is going on with their networks.

Probably IP address conflicts. Port forwarding assignments may also be an issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...