Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DirecTV Bundling Outsourced?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Anyone dealt with this service? I called yesterday to check cost avail etc for just adding internet (Use Cox currently, but looking to lower monthly cost).

I have no idea where I called, there seemed to be a delay over the phone for me asking a question and the time it took for the CSR to give a reply (overseas?) and he also had to ask me every question twice it seemed.

So once I finally got all the details, cost etc. I went to hang up do think about it, discuss with better half and this is when it got fishy. (In poor english) Well these prices I give you, you you called during our 'power hour promotion here at noon, (I look at clock its 3:03 Pacific) I mean 6 o'clock you are my final call to get this offer, if you call back you may not get the power hour price, this service is normally $60/mo (previous quote was $24.95) blah blah.

So, anyone order through them? Were you happy with the whole process. I will probably go forward as I've always been happy with DTV CS in the past, I just want to know they are the ones that will make it right should I have any issues. Just did not like the turn in the conversation of feeling I was getting scammed by a salesman. I was also not comfortable with them asking for a SS# for adding a service, seemed odd since it is marketed as a bundle (I know this is contracted out to ATT Uverse)
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,301 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Certainly possible some are. I know there's a member here that's a bundling supervisor, he's certainly stateside.

#3 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Anyone dealt with this service? I called yesterday to check cost avail etc for just adding internet (Use Cox currently, but looking to lower monthly cost).

I have no idea where I called, there seemed to be a delay over the phone for me asking a question and the time it took for the CSR to give a reply (overseas?) and he also had to ask me every question twice it seemed.

So once I finally got all the details, cost etc. I went to hang up do think about it, discuss with better half and this is when it got fishy. (In poor english) Well these prices I give you, you you called during our 'power hour promotion here at noon, (I look at clock its 3:03 Pacific) I mean 6 o'clock you are my final call to get this offer, if you call back you may not get the power hour price, this service is normally $60/mo (previous quote was $24.95) blah blah.

So, anyone order through them? Were you happy with the whole process. I will probably go forward as I've always been happy with DTV CS in the past, I just want to know they are the ones that will make it right should I have any issues. Just did not like the turn in the conversation of feeling I was getting scammed by a salesman. I was also not comfortable with them asking for a SS# for adding a service, seemed odd since it is marketed as a bundle (I know this is contracted out to ATT Uverse)

I can say with 100% certainty that this type of bundles call is not typical. The agent sounds like they were pushing to set up immediately but chose the wrong approach. The price you got was the price with no new customer offer from att. That wont be taken away from you regardless of when you call, unless att changes their promo. We do push a sense.if urgency though because if people are.saving money we.do want them to start saving as.soon as possible, but as.i.said.the.agent.used the wrong method to do that. As for the credit check, since att is a seperate company you are required to do a seperate credit check. Think of it as setting up a directv service at best buy. You follow the same procedures as you would by doing it through dtv directly, but with different benefits.
Even though I am an employee, my thoughts/comments/ideas are mine and not affiliated whatsoever with Directv as a company/employer/etc.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#4 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

Thank you for the informed response! It sounded like someone trying to close a sales for a quota or something.
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Harmony 700

HR22-100

#5 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for the informed response! It sounded like someone trying to close a sales for a quota or something.

I had to give an informed response with that introduction that dpeters gave me. Lol. Let me know if you have any other bundling questions and I'll be happy to help.
Even though I am an employee, my thoughts/comments/ideas are mine and not affiliated whatsoever with Directv as a company/employer/etc.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#6 OFFLINE   mattprice86

mattprice86

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

Are you an active customer? Because the only departments that can place bundles are ace, ebg, movers, and crg. If you're a pending customer, sales support will place it. Sales support, some movers, and some ebg are from another country. Everyone other department is located in the us

#7 OFFLINE   mattprice86

mattprice86

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

And it definitely was someone who's trying to close a sale, because the promo price is the promo price. It's not going to change that suddenly.

#8 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 779 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Active customer, for some 15+ years :D
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Harmony 700

HR22-100

#9 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

Are you an active customer? Because the only departments that can place bundles are ace, ebg, movers, and crg. If you're a pending customer, sales support will place it. Sales support, some movers, and some ebg are from another country. Everyone other department is located in the us

Correction. Sales support CAN place bundles but pendung or active customers should be sent to the bundles department so it gets done by someone who does bundles as their only job requirement just because I take to many supervisor calls from customers that got wrong info from other departments.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#10 OFFLINE   mattprice86

mattprice86

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

What department do you work? Because ace does not have the transfer to a direct bundles line. We always do them ourselves if they're an active customer.

#11 OFFLINE   MattScahum

MattScahum

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

What department do you work? Because ace does not have the transfer to a direct bundles line. We always do them ourselves if they're an active customer.

I work in the bundles department.

~TV Setup~

Panasonic 42PZ80U
Onkyo TXSR606
Xbox 360 250gb Slim
Samsung BDP-1500 Blu Ray
DirecTV HR24-500 HD DVR
Monster Power 1600
Harmony One remote

#12 OFFLINE   mattprice86

mattprice86

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ebg?

#13 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

Perhaps PMs would be better
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

Protected By... spam firewall...And...