Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iPad shows deleted play list shows

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

This is odd. The iPad D' app is showing shows that have been deleted from the playlist. When I press Play On TV it says unable to play. Check to see if show is available.
It is also showing duplicate entries for some movies I downloaded from VOD yesterday. It shows both the VOD version (expires on dd/yy) and when the movie played on the satellite last night. The playlist on the HR34, normal use the remote and TV view, is correct - no deleted shows and no duplicates. Don't think I downloaded and recorded but it's possible.

Wonder where the iPad App gets its, incorrect, information?
Simple Whole Home setup: 1 HR34 and 1 H25.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

This is odd. The iPad D' app is showing shows that have been deleted from the playlist. When I press Play On TV it says unable to play. Check to see if show is available.
It is also showing duplicate entries for some movies I downloaded from VOD yesterday. It shows both the VOD version (expires on dd/yy) and when the movie played on the satellite last night. The playlist on the HR34, normal use the remote and TV view, is correct - no deleted shows and no duplicates. Don't think I downloaded and recorded but it's possible.

Wonder where the iPad App gets its, incorrect, information?
Simple Whole Home setup: 1 HR34 and 1 H25.

The iPad app and nomad app both retrieve the PlayList differently than how other receivers pull up the PlayList for MRV. Sometimes you'll notice this in that a show that is available on the DVR does not appear in the iPad or nomad app. I assume you are seeing the opposite case in which the iPad app is not refreshing the PlayList correctly.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

I am seeing the same thing as well. Deleted a number of recordings earlier today, all of which are still showing on the DIRECTV iPad app. First time I've encountered this issue. It's also the first time I've deleted any recordings since upgrading my iPad 3 to iOS 6. Hmmm .... perhaps a delete/reinstall of the DIRECTV iPad app is in order.

#4 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

I am seeing the same thing as well. Deleted a number of recordings earlier today, all of which are still showing on the DIRECTV iPad app. First time I've encountered this issue. It's also the first time I've deleted any recordings since upgrading my iPad 3 to iOS 6. Hmmm .... perhaps a delete/reinstall of the DIRECTV iPad app is in order.

Deleting and reinstalling the app resolved the issue for me per the above.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:33 AM

All that does is force the iPad app to rebuild the PlayList, however, the bug is still there and you will probably see it again.

- Merg

#6 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

All that does is force the iPad app to rebuild the PlayList, however, the bug is still there and you will probably see it again.

- Merg

Well so far so good. After I finished watching the Ravens game last night I deleted the recording from my HD DVR. I then went to the iPad app and the listing was no longer showing in the playlist. That being said, perhaps this bug will rear its ugly head again. If it does I'll be sure to report back, but clearly the uninstall/reinstall corrected the issue for now and I'm quite certain the only thing that changed for me was having upgraded to iOS6 on my iPad 3. Prior to that I had never experienced this issue.

#7 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:04 AM

Curious. Did you try a refresh before you did that?

If not, next time it happens, you might want to try clicking on the "reload" curly arrow icon on top, next to the "Last Updated" message.

Edited by Steve, 24 September 2012 - 07:09 AM.

/steve

#8 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

Curious. Did you try a refresh before you did that?

If not, next time it happens, you might want to try clicking on the "reload" curly arrow icon on top, next to the "Last Updated" message.

Hadn't noticed that icon before. Aging eyes and brain. Also reinstalled the app before I saw the post so don't know if it would have worked.

#9 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hadn't noticed that icon before. Aging eyes and brain. Also reinstalled the app before I saw the post so don't know if it would have worked.

Ya. That'll force the playlist to refresh, so it might have worked for you.

The icons are sometimes subtle. It took me a while to find "search", first time I looked for it. I was looking for a search box, instead of a magnifying glass. :P
/steve

#10 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,247 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Ya. That'll force the playlist to refresh, so it might have worked for you.

The icons are sometimes subtle. It took me a while to find "search", first time I looked for it. I was looking for a search box, instead of a magnifying glass. :P

Unfortunately, if his issue was caused by the bug I mentioned, the Refresh doesn't do a thing to help. It's awesome looking at your PlayList on the TV and seeing a show, yet the iPad doesn't seem to know that show exists. :sure:

- Merg

#11 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:54 AM

The playlist in the iPad app has never been incomplete for me knock on wood. It's always accurately reflected the exact same programs listed on both my HD DVR's with the exception of this weekend after having updated to iOS6. After that any programs that I deleted from the DVR's were still listed in my iPad's playlist. Refreshing the playlist did nothing to correct the issue. Deleting and reinstalling the app did correct the issue "so far" as I've since deleted several programs on my HD DVR's both last night and today, none of which are continuing to show in my iPad's playlist.

Edited by Lowpro, 24 September 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#12 OFFLINE   TedBarrett

TedBarrett

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

iPad playlist is out of sync with the HR34, again. Pressing the refresh icon does nothing. Looks like the app needs to be updated.

#13 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

iPad playlist is out of sync with the HR34, again. Pressing the refresh icon does nothing. Looks like the app needs to be updated.

Besides the DirecTV for iPad thread, I'd also report it in the appropriate HR34 issues thread for whichever version of s/w you're running, in case the problem is unique to the 34.

iPad issues: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=208721

HR34 (current national release) issues: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=208906
/steve

spam firewall