Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Bizarre Recoding Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:50 AM

I have been using DTV for many years and have three DVRs. A couple of months ago my system was upgraded and a HR34 was installed. I have 25+ shows in Series Manager all all are recording properly except for one:

About 6 weeks ago I set up one of the Sunday morning news shows (Fox News Sunday) to record every week using the following settings: the series options are: First Run, Keep all Episodes.

After setting it up, I noticed it did not record and I got the following message when I looked at Series Manager History: "This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or has already been recorded (13)"

I then deleted the show from the Series Manager and re-added it several days later... the next weekend I got the same message after it once again didn't record. After that happened, I again deleted it from the Series Manager but didn't add it back for several weeks, during which time the the HR34 was reset for new software, powered down for moving to a different spot, and reset once because of a green screen.

Yesterday I added the show back in to Series Manager and this morning it didn't record again... with the same message in history: "This episode was cancelled because it did not match your show type settings or has already been recorded (13)"

I should mention that the show has been recording properly for several weeks on a networked HR24 using the same settings.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

Go in the guide to the next Sunday showing of this program.
Highlight the show, press the Info button on the remote.
Does it show the "First Aired" Date ? I do not see it on my screen.
If no, go into Menu, Recordings, manage Recordings, Manual record and set up the channel, time, etc. etc. and it should record.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,618 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:15 PM

Any ideas on how to fix this?

A "manual record" would work, but I'd just change the SL to "both" for now, since the 34 is probably just not identifying it as a "first run" episode.

Since it's not happening on your 24, this could be due to faulty GUIDE data on the HR34. If you haven't already, I'd report it as an "issue" in the appropriate thread for whatever software release your 34 is running.
/steve

#4 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

Thanks... there is no "First Aired" date in the guide... I will report it as an issue.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...