Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transparency Of Banner

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

I noticed tonight that whenever I press the info button or change channels the banner that appears on top is more transparent then before. I still have the 5D2 software on my HR 24-500 and H 25-100 The other change I notice is that Lifetime and TCM and other newly added channels now have channel logos.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,481 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

To get the banner back like it should be,
Menu, Settings, Reset.
Use the first one in the list. This will not erase any settings or recordings.
There are a few other threads about this same problem.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   twowheelchopper

twowheelchopper

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:32 AM

I noticed this on both my receivers this weekend, I'm guessing the NFL Network logo update caused this. I reset both of them and they are now back to normal.

#4 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

The top third of my banner is transparent. I kinda like it. :)
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#5 OFFLINE   samthegam

samthegam

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

To get the banner back like it should be,
Menu, Settings, Reset.
Use the first one in the list. This will not erase any settings or recordings.
There are a few other threads about this same problem.

Thanks back to normal for me now :hurah:

#6 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

I haven't done a restart as I wanted to see what happens.
And interestingly, that top half of the banner is now transparent.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#7 OFFLINE   scottp461

scottp461

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

I have 2 HR20's and 2 HR24's; I rebooted all of them last night to fix the channel banners. On the 24's, the banners, as mentioned here, gradually changed from black at the bottom to clear (transparent) at the top. At least they looked somewhat normal! On the 20's they just looked weird; the banner background looked like a grayscale test chart with "blocks" of different gray brightness, but also different transparencies! On the right side the blocks were mostly to completely see thru!

Anyway, the reboot fixed them all! The HR24's, however, did something weird on the restart; they both entered diagnostic mode (although I didn't know that the second one had until I switched to it later! The assigned remote codes don't apply in diagnostics so both units had been responding to the one remote. The second unit was not in the same place, but no harm done!) I don't know if I accidentally entered that mode with the remote or they just ended up there. (All my units are stacked, one on top of the other, and I did the restarts in "cascading" fashion!) So, I decided to run all the various tests that came up on the menu; there are quite a few. Everything tested OK on both units, so I exited diagnostics and the units restarted.

After the reboot, both units had a problem. There was no sound on the HDMI output! One of the tests I ran was an "audio" test that didn't behave as described on the test page. It said that the tones should alternate between the right and left speakers, but it all came out of my center speaker. I surmised that this was an analog output test and that it may have caused a problem with the HDMI audio once I rebooted, so I went to audio set up and cycled the "Dolby" output selection from on, to off and then back on. That restored Dolby Digital output over HDMI. All is good now (I think!?)

I'm curious about one thing though, does anybody know the procedure to enter diagnostics on purpose? I expect that you push a button (or buttons) on the remote when "self test" is displayed on start up, but I'd like to know which one(s) to push! Thanks.

Update: I did a few searches (on the forum) and found out that pressing "select" on the remote during restart when the "self test" screen is up will put you in diagnostic mode!

Edited by scottp461, 26 September 2012 - 10:36 AM.
Found out how to restart

#8 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

I had to restart the HR24 as it stopped seeing the HR23.
The info banner is back to normal.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...