Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Is my H24-700 dying?
Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:20 AM
*** Note that I mistyped the model number on the thread title. I have an "original" HR20-700 ***
1. I have 3 D* DVRs, WWDVR. This is the only unit with an issue.
2. Watching recorded material from the other DVRs works fine.
3. When I watch live TV on this DVR, the picture pixelates and I occasionally lose audio. This pixelization is like the old "Green Slime" we all saw a few years ago, but there's no green per se - rather, it's big and blotchy.
4. Signal strength is fine.
5. I once reset the entire unit, and it worked fine for a while.
I'm planning to run a "Level 2" test today.
I'm thinking the drive is dying. If so, would you just add an ESATA drive? If not, what are you thinking?
Thanks so much!
Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:23 AM