Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Installation in home with existing dish and wiring....

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

What Carl posted is mostly true.

Sneak up on the dish. Check that the elevation lock down bolts are tight. Half inch wrench left and right side. Check the azimuth lock down bolts, bottom front same wrench.

Grab the AZ/EL bracket with both hands. Shake. If it moves fix that.

If everyting checks out dont worry about alighnment. You might need a rubber mallet to take the LNB out, I use my pliers(handle end rubber) to beat it out most days.

Good Luck. ;)
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   zbslatc

zbslatc

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:13 AM

I am still having no luck. It won't switch out of the SWM mode. Sunday (football) is again rapidly approaching.

#23 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:38 AM

I am still having no luck. It won't switch out of the SWM mode. Sunday (football) is again rapidly approaching.

Man that receiver is really stuck;

As one of a last resorts you can try giving it the hardest of the hard resets by doing a red button reset (RBR) and when the screen goes dark immediately pull the power plug before the "Your DIRECTV receiver is starting up" message appears.

After a minute power it up and rerun the satellite setup for the "SL5" and "Multi-switch."

If it still doesn't revert to legacy, try it again.

What have you got to lose? ....

#24 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Man that receiver is really stuck;

As one of a last resorts you can try giving it the hardest of the hard resets by doing a red button reset (RBR) and when the screen goes dark immediately pull the power plug before the "Your DIRECTV receiver is starting up" message appears.

After a minute power it up and rerun the satellite setup for the "SL5" and "Multi-switch."

If it still doesn't revert to legacy, try it again.

What have you got to lose? ....

The better way to do that is to use the Menu to Restart Receiver. Watch the receiver itself and when you see all the lights turn off and hear it shut off (the fan will shut off), unplug it. Leave it unplugged for about 15 minutes and then plug it back in.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#25 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 28 September 2012 - 02:16 PM

The better way to do that is to use the Menu to Restart Receiver. Watch the receiver itself and when you see all the lights turn off and hear it shut off (the fan will shut off), unplug it. Leave it unplugged for about 15 minutes and then plug it back in.

- Merg

I stated to use the RBR because I didn't think he could reach that far in the receiver boot-up process to access the menu restart option from the UI. But if so then yes by all means do it that way.

#26 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I stated to use the RBR because I didn't think he could reach that far in the receiver boot-up process to access the menu restart option from the UI. But if so then yes by all means do it that way.

I'd have to double-check, but I believe that is one of the menu options always available.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...