Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Just Tried to Get HR34

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gilviv

gilviv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I must be one of the lucky ones then..... cuz D* is always taking care of me!:) Really, last month I noticed that the HD fee was added back on my bill so a call to D* resulted in a very nice CSR saying "sorry for that" and adding a credit for 1 year off HD plus Showtime free for 3 months. I never really asked for anything free, just called to ask if the 2 year HD waiver was officially over or was a billing error made but the CSR looked at the account and went too work on the perks! A year ago when I decided on upgrading to Whole home, I called and got a great price on adding 2 more HDDVRs plus WholeHome.... paused and asked "if that was the best they could do".....5 minutes later they scheduled the upgrade with 3 new HDDVRs and 1 HDR plus a tech to upgrade the thing for $150, originally quoted at around $450, lucky I guess?:grin: IMHO in about the 6 years I've been with D* they have always made it a point to give or offer great stuff/deals without me ever asking or expecting anything, maybe thats what "FLAGS" an account one way or the other, don't know?:confused:

DirecTV since July 2006, WholeHome & HDDVR Service
Slimline5 SWM-LNB Dish to:
3x HR24/100s #1 w/AM21N via HDMI to LG 42LH90/240hz Full LED, #2 w/AM21N & #3 both via HDMI to 2-LG 32LK330/60hz LCDs
1x HR23/700 via HDMI> Sharp 26" LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

jangell2 - I have 2 HR20-700's too and they were getting pretty slow.

Hint - try unplugging them for at least 6 hours. You can do one at a time if you want.

I don't know why it worked, but they're almost acting like new boxes again.

#23 OFFLINE   rsblaski

rsblaski

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

For those who never get offers from D* , check your account around your anniversary date. I always get an offer for something. I`ve been offered anything from a free movie to a free or discounted receiver or dvr. Don't expect to get any notification, you have to look for this on your internet account page. The first time I found this was just pure luck. Now I check every July. Last time I got a free HD dvr.
Remember, when it comes to audio/video, more is always better. (This does NOT apply to remote controls!)

#24 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

Companies only cater to new customers now, loyalty doesn't mean anything to them except them saying "thanks for being a loyal customer", which doesn't get you anywhere.

I'd say that blanket statement isn't true.
11 year customer. I have received 2 HR21 for free (including a new dish when the first one was installed) in the last couple of years. Just received an HR34 with Whole-home install for $80 total last month.
Not to mention the $30/month credit for 12 months I received back in June of this year.
Oh year, and I had a $10/month credit for 2 years that expired in June.

Other than that...
david

HR21-700 & HR34-700

#25 OFFLINE   rainydave

rainydave

AllStar

• Registered
  • 85 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

For those who never get offers from D* , check your account around your anniversary date. I always get an offer for something. I`ve been offered anything from a free movie to a free or discounted receiver or dvr. Don't expect to get any notification, you have to look for this on your internet account page. The first time I found this was just pure luck. Now I check every July. Last time I got a free HD dvr.

Last year I received an anniversay gift that I didn't want. I called in and asked if I could swap it for something else. I ended up with a $5/month credit for 3 months.
david

HR21-700 & HR34-700

#26 OFFLINE   MONSTERMAN

MONSTERMAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'd say that blanket statement isn't true.
11 year customer. I have received 2 HR21 for free (including a new dish when the first one was installed) in the last couple of years. Just received an HR34 with Whole-home install for $80 total last month.
Not to mention the $30/month credit for 12 months I received back in June of this year.
Oh year, and I had a $10/month credit for 2 years that expired in June.

Other than that...

"Facts" would negate your statement. Speaking in generalities but specific to this topic, companies cater to new customers over old (loyal) customers b/c "of course" logically they want more customers and obviously the better deals bring in more new customers (duh). I've been with directv now since '97 with two separate accounts.

Other than that... your little "deal" doesn't even come close to what is offered now to new customers not to mention $120 off ordering from costco:

Posted Image

Protected By... spam firewall...And...