Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

iOS6 Sunday Ticket App Crashing over 3G or LTE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jasonblair

jasonblair

Icon

• Registered
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

There is a discussion of this over in the General forum, but I think this forum is more accurate.

It appears that the Sunday Ticket App crashes quite often in iOS6 when people press "Watch Live," and are streaming from a 3G/4G network. (People using Wi-fi don't seem to be reporting this problem.) My wife had this problem when trying to watch the Eagles/Cardinals game over an AT&T LTE connection on her iPhone 5 yesterday. When she'd click "Watch Live," the app would crash, and her phone's main home screen would come back up. She had to uninstall and reinstall the app a few times to get it to work.

Also, the video doesn't fill up the whole screen on an iPhone 5. There is black all the way around the image, on all four sides. No way to get it to zoom in to fill the screen, at least that I could see.

Anyone else having this problem, please report!

Thanks! :)
HR24 - Samsung UN55D8000, HR22 - Panasonic PT-AE7000U, H24 - Samsung HL-S5668W, MRV, Slimline SWM5

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

The app not filling the whole screen is an iPhone 5 thing. The app needs to be redesigned to take into account the larger screen of the iPhone 5. Apps that are not redesigned will have the blocking on each side instead of "stretching" the screen.

- Merg

Edited by The Merg, 24 September 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

I've been told that the issue has been identified and DIRECTV staff are literally working as quickly as possible to get that fix out to you all before the weekend.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...