Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q4-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
807 replies to this topic

#761 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

And SR may have already given a hint.... he's very subtle. I am not saying I know or even think he has, but he may have.....:sure:
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#762 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

sat can you give us a hint what the new hd channels will be?

I wish I could. Safe to say they are on the various lists that are out there on this board, but whether they are the channels an individual wants varies person to person. Translation: everyone wants a different channel it seems so some come away happier than others. The good news is that more HD is coming and will continue to come after the next round.

In my opinion, there is something for everyone and the quantity will be nice. Most are deemed "basic" networks, as well.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#763 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Woohoo!

#764 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,649 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

I wish I could. Safe to say they are on the various lists that are out there on this board, but whether they are the channels an individual wants varies person to person. Translation: everyone wants a different channel it seems so some come away happier than others. The good news is that more HD is coming and will continue to come after the next round.

In my opinion, there is something for everyone and the quantity will be nice. Most are deemed "basic" networks, as well.

More HD coming in quantity! Sounds good to me.

DirecTV customer since 1995.

#765 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

More HD coming in quantity! Sounds good to me.

Dang! I realize I misread that word as "quality" in SR's post. But quantity is good, too. Maybe there'll be both!

Happy NY, all.

#766 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,974 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Quantity is always good. Gotta believe channels with recent VOD is a good sign of future possibilities due to past experiences.
DirecTV: Genie, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/35)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#767 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Dang! I realize I misread that word as "quality" in SR's post. But quantity is good, too. Maybe there'll be both!

Happy NY, all.

Quality is too subjective. We could get H2, TVLand, HLN, Cooking and LMN in one to and someone would say, why didn't they add any quality channels.

#768 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Of course, quality channels would be defined by me..... and you, and everyone else whose tastes are impeccable.... :lol:

#769 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

I like the "mostly basics" comment, so we should see H2 and Cooking among them.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#770 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

True. The only one with more impeccable tastes is The Most Interesting Man in the World, other than Dos Equis :)

#771 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the update SR. I agree with you that everyones tastes are different. With quantity, hopefully most people will receive something that they enjoy. Then more HD after that. Sounds great. Hoping to see HLN, TV LAND, H2, LMN, ID, FMC, and Military Channel.

Edited by ep1974, 29 December 2012 - 06:04 PM.

#772 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Quantity is always good. Gotta believe channels with recent VOD is a good sign of future possibilities due to past experiences.

Agree, the more the better. Hope everyone gets something that they want.

#773 OFFLINE   TomK

TomK

Godfather

• Registered
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Good news that I can 'soon' be adding more channels to my 'HD only' custom guide.

#774 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

maybe the missing mtv2 HD and chiller HD from the old flyer??

Most are basic so will the missing premiums like outermax HD, encore action HD, encore Drama HD, Retroplex HD and Indieplex HD?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#775 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 227 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

This may have been addressed earlier, so sorry if it has. Has there been any talk about adding the WatchESPN feature that is available to Comcast and a few other cablecos? ESPN is putting more and more of their internet broadcasts here instead of the regular ESPN3 avenue. It would be nice to be able to have access to those events. Thanks in advance to SatRacer or anyone else for their input.

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#776 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,736 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

Out freaking standing. :)

#777 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

This may have been addressed earlier, so sorry if it has. Has there been any talk about adding the WatchESPN feature that is available to Comcast and a few other cablecos? ESPN is putting more and more of their internet broadcasts here instead of the regular ESPN3 avenue. It would be nice to be able to have access to those events. Thanks in advance to SatRacer or anyone else for their input.

Probably not until that contract is up again.
DTV = Digital Television

#778 OFFLINE   ep1974

ep1974

Legend

• Registered
  • 389 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Found this on Wikipedia. Says Directv will start carrying XM on Jan.20, 2013. Any truth to this?? Hope so.

DirecTV Channel Lineup

During its suspension on Sirius, it was also the only XM-exclusive channel owned by Sirius XM Radio featured on DirecTV. On March 27, 2009, Pop2K was added to the Sirius line-up, as an internet only channel.

On February 9, 2010, DirectTV dropped Sirius XM programming and replaced it with another music service called Sonic Tap. and DirecTV will start back carrying back XM programming on January 20, 2013.

#779 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,900 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Just wait, it'll change again. I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=188925

#780 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,164 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Found this on Wikipedia. Says Directv will start carrying XM on Jan.20, 2013. Any truth to this?? Hope so.

DirecTV Channel Lineup

During its suspension on Sirius, it was also the only XM-exclusive channel owned by Sirius XM Radio featured on DirecTV. On March 27, 2009, Pop2K was added to the Sirius line-up, as an internet only channel.

On February 9, 2010, DirectTV dropped Sirius XM programming and replaced it with another music service called Sonic Tap. and DirecTV will start back carrying back XM programming on January 20, 2013.

Would be nice but do not believe Wikipedia!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...