Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DIRECTV HD Channel Anticipation (Official Q4-12 Thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
807 replies to this topic

#801 OFFLINE   APB101

APB101

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 919 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

HLN and TV Land seem overdue. And I would probably watch more Cooking Channel if it was in HD -- I tend to skip over it now.

I've watched some HD content from Cooking Channel from DirecTV's On Demand (ch. 1232). Everything looks great, and every bit as sharp as from regularly carried parent programmer Food Network HD.

I agree about the other two programmers. And right now I have on my TV a marathon of Bomb Girls episodes appearing on Reelz Channel. Everything from that programmer's HD content (ch. 1238) also looks great.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#802 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,163 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

i would srill be happy with cooking channel, tv land, h2, and styke in hd. hln would be okay too!

#803 OFFLINE   oldcrooner

oldcrooner

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'd be very happy to see a 24/7 HD feed of BBC World News, something that Directv should have added years ago in SD. Time Warner Cable is now adding it in HD to their systems(http://www.broadcast..._World_News.php) and it hopefully will soon be on other providers. Time for a decent world news channel, Directv!

Edited by oldcrooner, 31 December 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, but in proportion to their readiness to doubt.
--Ambrose Bierce

#804 OFFLINE   seern

seern

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

We are at the end of 2012 and this 4th quarter anticipation thread. Lets go 2013 and a new beginning with lots more HD as Satracer implied. I would go with the BBC World News idea since they do have a great, non biased reporting style.

Sharon
HR24-100
HR34-700

All units in DECA cloud
H24-100 removed from service

#805 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,538 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I'd be very happy to see a 24/7 HD feed of BBC World News, something that Directv should have added years ago in SD. Time Warner Cable is now adding it in HD to their systems(http://www.broadcast..._World_News.php) and it hopefully will soon be on other providers. Time for a decent world news channel, Directv!

I have world news on fios in SD. The HD show on bbca for world news isn't very good HD. The Sd on fios is close to it.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#806 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

The next HD channel I want to see is CSN Houston. ;)

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#807 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,689 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

We are at the end of 2012 and this 4th quarter anticipation thread. Lets go 2013 and a new beginning with lots more HD as Satracer implied. I would go with the BBC World News idea since they do have a great, non biased reporting style.

Yup...nothing left to anticipate for 2012. ;)
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#808 OFFLINE   Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson

6EQUJ5 WOW!

• Topic Starter
  • Moderators
  • 13,873 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

On to the new thread. :)

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211530

Mike

µß
Since it costs 2.4¢ to produce a penny, my 2¢ worth is really 4.8¢ worth.  That 4.8¢ is my own and not the 4.8¢ of DIRECTV, Dish, or anyone else for that matter.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...